First UK Agot Regional - GTG Games Stoke On Trent

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 FatbastUK

FatbastUK

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:24 AM

A great turnout here for our first ever Regional.  35 players, great atmosphere.  We are only into round 3 at the moment but it is running smoothly.  Most popular House Card is the Targs followed by Martell and Greyjoy.

Most popular Agenda is is The Maesters Path.

#2 FatbastUK

FatbastUK

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:47 PM

James Walmesley won the event with a Greyjoy/Maester deck.  His opponent Matt Pearce had a very strong Targ Dragon deck and the match up was gripping.  I understand that some of the guys are going to post their reports here so I'll leave it to them  :)

#3 Tomdidiot

Tomdidiot

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:54 AM

I think us Londoners have clearly shown that we are by far the strongest UK meta :P 5 of us showed up, 4 of us made the Top 8, and James won. Congrats to everyone who showed up and to Steve and Eddie for organizing everything - I had a brilliant time, and it was well worth the £40 return ticket.  Hopefully, next year, London will have a regional of its own (And I'll finally win a playmat) :P

#4 CowboyJesus

CowboyJesus

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:43 AM

wish I could have been there guys, looking forward to having a read of these reports, will be interesting to see whats going on in the rest of the country our scene needs a boost not been playing much of late :(

Tees Squadron Doyle Leader, standing by

#5 JCWamma

JCWamma

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:06 PM

Guessing people already saw this, but I posted my TR in the general discussion subforum - looking forward to reading others if and when they go up!

One thing I forgot to say in the report is that I think it's a tremendous thing how diverse the top 8 was. Baratheon didn't get in, but otherwise it was very even with the other 5 houses having 1 or 2 representatives each, and the top 8 encompassing 7 different agendas with only KotHH appearing twice. For such a large field that's got to be a positive sign for the state of the game right now, that no one approach can run away with it.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS