Commissars and Questions

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Peacekeeper_b

Peacekeeper_b

• Members
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:23 AM

A few questions that I am not sure of at this moment. Ive read Operaton Zverograd and maybe I just missed these but:

1: Can the SSU Copter carry units other than the Chinese Volunteers (I imagine so)?

2: Can I buy/use the Chinese Volunteers in a foce without the Copter (I Imagine so)?

3: Can an individual Commissar join a Command Squad?

4: Can an individual Commissar join another full Commissar Squad?

5: Can a hero join a Commissar Squad?

#2 Peacekeeper_b

Peacekeeper_b

• Members
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:24 AM

Shouldnt helicopters/fliers use the elevation rules the same as buildings for line of sight?

#3 Major Mishap

Major Mishap

• Members
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 02:35 AM

Peacekeeper_b said:

A few questions that I am not sure of at this moment. Ive read Operaton Zverograd and maybe I just missed these but:

1: Can the SSU Copter carry units other than the Chinese Volunteers (I imagine so)?

2: Can I buy/use the Chinese Volunteers in a foce without the Copter (I Imagine so)?

6. Shouldnt helicopters/fliers use the elevation rules the same as buildings for line of sight?

Yes

No

No rule against it

No rule against it

No rule against it

I would have thought so too

#4 Loophole Master

Loophole Master

• Members
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:06 AM

Peacekeeper_b said:

6: Shouldnt helicopters/fliers use the elevation rules the same as buildings for line of sight?

1: Sure, the Chinese Volunteers just happen to be sold with the chopper, one is not really tied to the other in any way.

2: Sure, see above.

3: A little tricky, but I'd say no. Rules say "The Commissar obeys all the rules of a hero joining a unit." and one of the rules is that you need the Commander skill to joing the Command Squad.

4: Yes, the rules even mention this case: "(although an individual Commissar can join a full unit of Commissars)".

5: Yes, a full Commissar squad works just like a normal squad.

6: It's a logical suggestion, but well, that's not the rules.

#5 Peacekeeper_b

Peacekeeper_b

• Members
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 04:16 AM

Cool. I plan on having a few commissar squads, at least two, maybe three.

Hopefully they are not listed as Rare.

Hopefully Nikolai has the Commissar and Command skill.

#6 Loophole Master

Loophole Master

• Members
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 04:28 AM

The Commissars can't be Rare if the rulebook itself mentions the possibility of joining a lone Commissar to a Commissar squad.

Pretty sure Nikolai doesn't have those skills. Giving the Commissar skill to a hero is pointless, since heroes already do everything a Commissar does (except for not counting as a hero, but that would be crazy). Nikolai is said to be a tank commander, an uncanny marksman with a walker, so I don't see why he'd have Command (and they'd probably have mentioned it if he did, everybody's been anxious for a Commander since ever).

On a side note, I'd much prefer an Armor 3 Commander than Armor 2. It's the Heavy Command Squads that go into the thick of the battle and could really benefit from a longer lifespan.

#7 Peacekeeper_b

Peacekeeper_b

• Members
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 04:43 AM

Loophole Master said:

The Commissars can't be Rare if the rulebook itself mentions the possibility of joining a lone Commissar to a Commissar squad.

Pretty sure Nikolai doesn't have those skills. Giving the Commissar skill to a hero is pointless, since heroes already do everything a Commissar does (except for not counting as a hero, but that would be crazy). Nikolai is said to be a tank commander, an uncanny marksman with a walker, so I don't see why he'd have Command (and they'd probably have mentioned it if he did, everybody's been anxious for a Commander since ever).

On a side note, I'd much prefer an Armor 3 Commander than Armor 2. It's the Heavy Command Squads that go into the thick of the battle and could really benefit from a longer lifespan.

Will there be AC3 Infantry SSU?

#8 Loophole Master

Loophole Master

• Members
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 04:19 PM

Peacekeeper_b said:

Will there be AC3 Infantry SSU?

I'd say that's very likely…

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS