Eltharion abuse.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 adelucia

adelucia

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:59 AM

Finally, I feel like the HE have some synergy with the release of this cycle.   Here is the HE deck I came up with thus far.  Of course there is always room for tweeking .

Units:  17

3x Lothern Sea Master

3x Envoy from Averlorn

3x Elven Scout

2x White Tower Aspirant

3x Grail Knight

3x Lore Seeker

Legends: 3

3x Eltharion the Grim

Quests: 2

1x Heroic Task

1x Return to Glory

Tatics: 9

3x From Beneath the waves

3x Convocation of Eagles

1x Flames of the Phoenix

2x Shield of Saphery

Support: 19

3x Citadel of Dusk

3x Contested Village

3x Warpstone Excavation

3x Outpost of Tiranoc

2x Eataine War Room

1x Temple of Vaul

3x Judgement of Loec

1x Dawnstar Sword

The deck starts with Heroic Task and Dawnstar in play.    Now I know many people think not being able to mulligan is a big deal, but  there are plenty of cards that(19 in fact) can be played your first turn of the game.  Also,  Heroic Task allows you an advantage in a couple more ways; by playing Grail Knight on your first turn for 2 and Heroic Task thins your deck out even more by starting 2 cards in play increasing the odds to draw a great opening hand. The Object is to get Eltharion in play and abuse his abilities along with Lothern Sea Master with indirect damage.   Let me know what you think.   Enjoy : )

#2 Virgo

Virgo

• Members
  • 701 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:19 AM

So you use Heroic Task to play Dawnstar Sword on Eltharion, which kills him in two turns? And you can't take mulligan?

#3 adelucia

adelucia

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:08 AM

Yeah, it would kill him in two turns IF you attack with him.  I find myself only attaching it and attacking for the "killing blow" .  The Heroic task in play is more important then the card being attached.  Dawn star is will be replaced by Shield of Aeons when it comes out.  Eltharions abilty is the kill and you dont attack unless there are know units in that zone. 

#4 adelucia

adelucia

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:10 AM

"No units"  not "Know units" for that last sentence. 

#5 Virgo

Virgo

• Members
  • 701 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:19 AM

So you are using Heroic Task mainly for starting with a neutral quest on table? That's something new

I feel you will be losing most of the games when you go second, and half when you start. Without mulligan you will be mostly dropping one 2 cost card first turn. Mostly.

#6 Asmoridin

Asmoridin

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:05 AM

Gotta say, I don't see the point to the quest + Dawnstar Sword either. 

Otherwise, the deck looks similar to what I'm trying to run.  Eltharion + Eataine War Room seems like a fun combo

#7 adelucia

adelucia

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 09:22 AM

You guys might be on to something there.. instead of dawn star I could throw in a third Shield of Saphery and just put the Eataine ware room under Heroic task.  Like I first mentioned …. there's always room for tweeking.  : ) Thanks

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS