"Notion of Use"- Extreme Artifacts

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TGOAkaitachi

TGOAkaitachi

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:59 PM

Okay, so I was reading on the cipher forums about the Gae Bolg.

What is meant by notion of use? What about power level?

I'm using a homebrew campaign, and they picked up a sword of immense power, that I wish to scale with one of the players and wondered if this would be a better way to do it. What about "Fable"? Just some interesting questions and ideas?

#2 tasuret

tasuret

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:09 AM

"Notion of Use", "Fable", and "Power Level" are explained in Prometheum Exxet. A fan translation is kinda-sorta in the works. Basically, characters need to know how to use an artifact for its power to be used. The value used to determine how proficient a character is with an artifact is "Notion of Use". Notion of Use slowly increases as they use the artifact and it unlocks abilities for the artifact. "Fable" is used when an artifact is famous; if a character has an idea of what something is capable of, they are better at learning how to use it. Fable is a new secondary skill that is pretty similar to History. "Power Level" is a measurement of how powerful an artifact is. Here's everything I have on PE: it is not complete, and it is not 100% accurate. It is, however, serviceable.

javascript:void(0);/*1337447354370*/

#3 Rii Nagaja

Rii Nagaja

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:23 AM

Wow, I didn't know that there was already some translation. These artifact rules are very tempting so far.

One thing though from the english part I have read: As I understood it, there will be no new secondary skill for Fable, but you rather a check on the already present skill of Occult. A nice thing actually, - I even had created  a character with extra points in occult so he could find some legendary artifact later, that was somehow bound to his story and destiny. Now it's official.

#4 tasuret

tasuret

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:44 AM

Yeah, I was trying to recall without looking at the text. Occult is for Fable, Magic Appraisal is for Supernatural Analysis. Geez, self, why can't you remember what you wrote?

#5 TGOAkaitachi

TGOAkaitachi

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:42 PM

Thank you so much for the link, and thanks for the translation/transcription work. Man that looks amazing. Awesome.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS