Koshka & Gand'ma

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Major Mishap

Major Mishap

• Members
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:45 PM

Is it possible to open the mechs hatch to put Koshka in it?

#2 deedob

deedob

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:09 AM

No.

The KV is the smallest walker produced to date (a tad smaller than the "light" walkers) so Gran'ma is not that big. You'd need a flexible Koshka that could bend her legs to make her fit, like a GIJoe toy "action figure"… She would look ridiculous as a result IMO.

#3 Major Mishap

Major Mishap

• Members
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:25 AM

I've gotthe Otto and it is easily big enough to accomodate a pilot and the hatch is big enough to put a Pilot in, would just like to know if anybody have opened the hatch yet and how they make Koshka fit in there and used as a stand alone.  I'm thinking of cutting at the waste and magnatising the two halves.

#4 Peacekeeper_b

Peacekeeper_b

• Members
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:26 AM

deedob said:

No.

The KV is the smallest walker produced to date (a tad smaller than the "light" walkers) so Gran'ma is not that big. You'd need a flexible Koshka that could bend her legs to make her fit, like a GIJoe toy "action figure"… She would look ridiculous as a result IMO.

Height wise maybe, but it has a fairly big crew compartment/body. You could very well pop the hatch and have Koshka peeping out with her gun. The problem is that her base would not fit so in order to have her interchangeable you would need to have  away of popping her on and off her base. I would recomend ordering a Otto from Dust Models and modify Grand'ma and Koshka that way.

#5 Major Mishap

Major Mishap

• Members
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 09:03 PM

Already have Otto, they are too expensive to buy another without the free postage.

#6 Peacekeeper_b

Peacekeeper_b

• Members
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:18 AM

Major Mishap said:

Already have Otto, they are too expensive to buy another without the free postage.

Oh I agree. I only recommended them because they are not assembled yet and it would be easier to modify the model that way. Cutting up a Grand'ma would take more time and skill but cna still be done.

#7 Dcal12

Dcal12

• Members
  • 410 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:46 PM

Major Mishap said:

I've gotthe Otto and it is easily big enough to accomodate a pilot and the hatch is big enough to put a Pilot in, would just like to know if anybody have opened the hatch yet and how they make Koshka fit in there and used as a stand alone.  I'm thinking of cutting at the waste and magnatising the two halves.

Received my Premium Grand'ma today and the hatch was open, so I don't know if this helps you or not.

#8 Major Mishap

Major Mishap

• Members
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:01 AM

Cheers, I guess it sepends on how much glue they used as to success of opening, I've ordered 2 Zverograde sets as it was actually cheaper than buying one walker, so will have a Koshka dismount :)

#9 Major Mishap

Major Mishap

• Members
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:52 PM

Update.  The hatch popped out easy enough with a twist of a STRONG sharp knife and was able to cut into to along the join and glue back.  Koshka fits in perfectly without cutting in two, just squeeze her legs together an in she goes, and even better, with her slight bent leg, leaning forward position, she sits on the back of the hatch while resting her arms on the hatch - perfect.

#10 Loophole Master

Loophole Master

• Members
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:42 AM

Show us a pic!                            

#11 Dcal12

Dcal12

• Members
  • 410 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 03:36 AM

Yeah show a pic.  I may need to buy another set to do that too.

#12 Major Mishap

Major Mishap

• Members
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 04:33 AM

Still WIP.

#13 Loophole Master

Loophole Master

• Members
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 05:12 AM

Wow, yeah, it does fit very nicely!

#14 Dcal12

Dcal12

• Members
  • 410 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 05:45 AM

Yep looks like another purchase.

#15 Major Mishap

Major Mishap

• Members
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:27 AM

Dcal12 said:

Yep looks like another purchase.

Just as well, you need 2 maps to play the last scenario :)

#16 daniello_s

daniello_s

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:13 AM

Is she holding a banana on the last pic??? :D

#17 Peacekeeper_b

Peacekeeper_b

• Members
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:52 AM

Kool, think I will order a second set soon as well.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS