Photo

Heroes from Expansions-Will FFG Release a Hero Pack?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 enrgie

enrgie

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:04 PM

I noticed that the SSU actually have access to Korshka without. Will FFG release the hero minis from the original Starter sets? 

Also what about the other heroes from the expansion sets? Just got into Warfare but am not interested in getting Tactics so the expansions would be a real waste of money. I just want the miniatures in the sets for the sake of completion. 

#2 Warboss Krag

Warboss Krag

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:09 PM

I sincerely hope so. I have them all anyway, but I know people who don't have them, and there's little chance of getting Bazooka Joe and Fraulein Von Thaler otherwise. Besides, it's pretty punk to say you've got to spend $45 for two heroes, which is a couple of the sets, basically.

#3 Guidebot

Guidebot

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:56 PM

Yea, I really want Angela wolf.  I've no problem converting my own, but I actually quite like the FFG model.  Can't justify $40+ for operation cerberus though…

#4 Major Mishap

Major Mishap

• Members
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:26 PM

On ebay right now at £24.99 each :/ they are painted though.

#5 Azrell

Azrell

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:56 PM

I hope they do as well because the Angela model sucks, its made of rubbery plastic so her gun barrel is never strait. 

#6 Major Mishap

Major Mishap

• Members
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:19 PM

Azrell said:

I hope they do as well because the Angela model sucks, its made of rubbery plastic so her gun barrel is never strait. 

I was surprised my Angela's barrell remained relatively straight compared to the snipers and flamethrowers and in some cases Recon Grenadier normal assault rifles.

#7 Warboss Krag

Warboss Krag

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:34 AM

Dear Lord, how I must resist any sort of joke about Angela's, um, less than level gun barrel…

#8 Craig in NH

Craig in NH

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:57 AM

Dump any of these models in extremely hot water for a few seconds, then take them out (with tongs, preferably) and dump them in cold water, and anything bendy straightens right out. I got Angela from an eBay purchase and she was shipped . . . in a flat-pack . . . so needless to say, when I got her, she was . . . flat . . . insert appropriate innapropriate jokes here . . .

But put a cup of water into the microwave for 30 seconds, then popped her into it, took her out and popped her into cold tap water, and she was straight as an arrow, ankles, gun barrel, and all!

#9 CrayolaSmoker

CrayolaSmoker

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 04:27 AM

Craig, how's the primer hold up after the shock bath? Paint still go on smoothly or did it need a strip and reprime job?

#10 Craig in NH

Craig in NH

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 04:32 AM

I checked it over and there werent' any bubbles, no peeling or anything. To be completely honest I haven't been able to put brush to mini in awhile, and I ws VERY hesitant to do this technique with primed minis, but Angela was SO badly bent (seriously . . . flat-pack . . . ?) that I had no choice. I don't think there was ANY adverse effects from the shock treatment, although, as I said, can't be completely sure until I try to paint her up . . .

#11 Shadow4ce

Shadow4ce

• Members
  • 645 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:13 AM

Guidebot said:

Yea, I really want Angela wolf.  I've no problem converting my own, but I actually quite like the FFG model.  Can't justify $40+ for operation cerberus though…

Actually, this is the one DT expansion that is totally worth the $45-primed, $65-prepainted cost for DW-only players!  Aside from Angela, you get ze French Cook, and more importantly, one of the best least expensive modular terrain buildings available for miniature gaming in this scale. I know several players who have bought multiple Cerberus expansions just to have a war-torn city to fight in at a reasonable cost. I imagine if you search around, you might find folks like them selling off their extra heroes, but I'd still recommend the value if Cerberus on its own merits. 2 heroes and a $60+ value building for $45 unpainted, $65 painted?  Yes, please!

#12 Warboss Krag

Warboss Krag

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:26 AM

I would hesitate to call the modular buildings from this game 'war-torn.' They are very nice buildings, as minis go, but I would describe them as 'incomplete,' as if the builders had simply knocked off work once the framing and concrete was done.

#13 felkor

felkor

• Members
  • 998 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:27 AM

Warboss Krag said:

I would hesitate to call the modular buildings from this game 'war-torn.' They are very nice buildings, as minis go, but I would describe them as 'incomplete,' as if the builders had simply knocked off work once the framing and concrete was done.

No one said they were "war-torn" out of the box.  But with some sort of cutting tool, they can be. :-)

#14 Shadow4ce

Shadow4ce

• Members
  • 645 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:51 AM

felkor said:

Warboss Krag said:

No one said they were "war-torn" out of the box.  But with some sort of cutting tool, they can be. :-)

Yeah, my comment wasn't meant to be war-torn out of the box, but at their price, I wouldn't hesitate to cut them up to achieve the look I wanted. Sorry if it was misleading. Cerberus (and now Zverograd - Hero, Walker, Another modular building) are the only two expansions that are, IMO, a good solid value for folks who play DW, but not DT. 

#15 Azrell

Azrell

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:59 AM

part of my problem with angela was also that unlike other minis her face and other features were mostly flat, and there was some flash around her shoulder that is not easily trimmed because of the rubbery material. im just considering converting up a replacement.

#16 Guidebot

Guidebot

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 06:27 AM

Shadow4ce said:

Guidebot said:

Actually, this is the one DT expansion that is totally worth the $45-primed, $65-prepainted cost for DW-only players!  Aside from Angela, you get ze French Cook, and more importantly, one of the best least expensive modular terrain buildings available for miniature gaming in this scale. I know several players who have bought multiple Cerberus expansions just to have a war-torn city to fight in at a reasonable cost. I imagine if you search around, you might find folks like them selling off their extra heroes, but I'd still recommend the value if Cerberus on its own merits. 2 heroes and a $60+ value building for $45 unpainted, $65 painted?  Yes, please!

Hmm.  I'll have to give this some thought.  The problem is, I do most of my gaming away from home and so don't tend to do much in the way of terrain.  Still, those are nice buildings. 

#17 Shadow4ce

Shadow4ce

• Members
  • 645 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 06:29 AM

Azrell said:

part of my problem with angela was also that unlike other minis her face and other features were mostly flat, and there was some flash around her shoulder that is not easily trimmed because of the rubbery material. im just considering converting up a replacement.

I love my Angela, but I got the Premium version and she looks great. I'm PMing a suggested alternative if you really dislike her. 

#18 KevinBakon

KevinBakon

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:49 AM

Does anyone have a pic of the Cerberus premium building? I can't find a pic…

#19 LoTech

LoTech

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:52 AM

There's a youtube video overview of the building here.  

#20 KevinBakon

KevinBakon

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:27 AM

I meant the premium edition building. That YouTube vid is home painted (but thanks). 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS