Second Edition

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Coven Hollow

Coven Hollow

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:52 AM

The other day, me and a few of my friends decided to go old school and play second edition Talisman. There were a couple of instances where some of the rules were unclear. If any of you guys have played or still play second edition, I would appreciate some help with the following:

Can a character add his weapons/items to his strength when dealing with a fireball spell? Or do they have to use just the base strength?

If three places are drawn, can you visit them or of just one?

The cyborg character has this ability: Whenever you lose a combat, roll a die. On a 4, 5, or 6 your armored body deflects the damage and you do not lose a life although you still lose the combat.
There was a player in our group who was attacked by a craft creature and lost. He then wanted to use the ability as stated above. He argued that since it didn’t specify which type of combat, it would be o.k. I told him that the armor roll is for attacks involving strength. Who’s right on this one?

#2 azoic

azoic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:57 AM

Can a character add his weapons/items to his strength when dealing with a fireball spell? Or do they have to use just the base strength?
- This depends on the card text. The Fireball Spell is a Spell and not a normal Combat!
- E.g. Sword - no (+1 Strength only in Combat), but Ring - yes (+1 Strength and +1 Craft while you have it!)

If three places are drawn, can you visit them or of just one?
- You may visit them one after the other, except the card text says something different.
- E.g. Cave then Fountain of Wisdom then Magic Portal is possible, Magic Portal then another Place is not possible.

The cyborg character has this ability: Whenever you lose a combat, roll a die. On a 4, 5, or 6 your armored body deflects the damage and you do not lose a life although you still lose the combat. There was a player in our group who was attacked by a craft creature and lost. He then wanted to use the ability as stated above. He argued that since it didn’t specify which type of combat, it would be o.k. I told him that the armor roll is for attacks involving strength. Who’s right on this one?
- Psychic Combat and Combat are not the same. In Combat (Battle 4th Edition) you fight using Strength and in Psychic Combat you fight using Craft.
- The Cyborg special ability is like the protection of an armour! (Nearly the same text!)

#3 Coven Hollow

Coven Hollow

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:20 AM

Thanks for answering me!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS