Draft format

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Surreal

Surreal

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:14 AM

Has anybody tried any draft format with CoC? I think CoC would work best as a draft of all LCG because CoC has amazing resource system for drafts. Something simple like this might work:

Get 2 Core sets and 4 players. Divide cards from core sets to 8 piles. One pile for each faction (so 7 factions) and 1 for neutral cards. Shuffle the piles. Now every player draws 2 cards from each pile. Everybody should have 16 cards in hand. This hand is the "draft booster pack". Draft the "booster pack" normally as in other CCGs. Do this "booster pack" drafting 3 times. Now everyone has 48 cards. Players make 30 card deck out of the drafted 48 cards. Games works as normal games with one expectation: player doesn't lose if his library is empty.

Then everyone plays one game againt every player (so 3 games for everybody). Everybody gets 1 point for each story they win and 2 points for winning the game. Total the points and determine the winner. 

#2 Hellfury

Hellfury

• Members
  • 832 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:40 PM

Surreal said:

Has anybody tried any draft format with CoC? I think CoC would work best as a draft of all LCG because CoC has amazing resource system for drafts. Something simple like this might work:

Get 2 Core sets and 4 players. Divide cards from core sets to 8 piles. One pile for each faction (so 7 factions) and 1 for neutral cards. Shuffle the piles. Now every player draws 2 cards from each pile. Everybody should have 16 cards in hand. This hand is the "draft booster pack". Draft the "booster pack" normally as in other CCGs. Do this "booster pack" drafting 3 times. Now everyone has 48 cards. Players make 30 card deck out of the drafted 48 cards. Games works as normal games with one expectation: player doesn't lose if his library is empty.

Then everyone plays one game againt every player (so 3 games for everybody). Everybody gets 1 point for each story they win and 2 points for winning the game. Total the points and determine the winner. 

You should email Jaffer Batica at FFG. he ran a few draft games of the LCG at Arkham Nights and I am sure he wouldn't mind sharing details of how he composed the boosters for that format.

I never got a chance to play in them so I cannot comment on the makeup or how well it worked. But the people I talked to that did play said it was quite fun.

#3 dboeren

dboeren

• Members
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:04 AM

If you get that information, please post it so we can all benefit!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS