• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lonely_writer

lonely_writer

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:37 PM

Hello again, one and all…

In the mood to create a little discourse, so I am going to pose three simple questions.

1) What got you interested in Talisman (or more to the point - why did you start playing)?

2) What is your best Talisman moment?

3) What is your worst Talisman moment?

For me - I got a copy of the 2nd edition when I was a child and was absolutely hooked. My fondest memories are of playing with three friends every single saturday for almost an entire year. We made optional rules…when each expansion came out we tested the new characters. It was absolutely amazing. I passed my copy of Talisman on the the nephew of a good friend who had become interested in the game. He still plays it to this day.

My best Talisman moment - whenever I get a chance to play these days. With work and study and family it becomes harder and harder to find the time. But I am introducing it slowly to a lot of South Korean friends (and some students) who are becoming more and more interested. Here's hoping it takes off.

My worst Talisman moment - almost to the Crown of Command and get Toaded by the damn priest…come on…seriously…the priest…had a good laugh but that one stuck with me.

So I invite you all to share…

#2 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 648 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:04 PM

Hello Lonely one,

I started with a 2nd edition set and expansions back then too. I would have been late '20s til mid/late '80s. Used to play with at least 3 others.

Most of this changed as my son, born in '83, grew older. He played a little, but was quickly into more 'pute games and all the other stuff.

I don't truly remember any highest moments, but there were lots of them. It was usually because a collection of objects, spells, and followers gave power.

I remember loving the Timescape, and I had some object or thing that let me stay there, just loop through again.

Surprisingly I never got great use out of Timescape objects. Either didn't always get the right situation to use or something. We began playing the 4th edition somewhere in the last several years. Probably when it started because we had to order each expansion separately as it came along. Amazon or whatever.

But in the olden days I used to buy Talisman, Cosmic Encounter and other games at Comic Book Kingdom and Hobby Kingdom, in Detroit Michigan at 6 Mile and Gratiot!

#3 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 648 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:05 PM

Ooops, I was in my late 20s around 83-85. So I was in my early to mid 30s when I stopped playing 2nd edition.

Oberon

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS