Who is your current favourite Hero?

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1 Drengi

Drengi

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:18 PM

So who is everyone's favourite Hero at the moment? Wether for usefulness in game, artwork or general flavour!

For me at the moment it has to be Frodo! I find hobbits very useful and was playing him in a Spirit/Lore deck while my friend ran pure Leadership!

Frodo with Fast Hitch, Burning Brand (song on him ofc) and the Dunedain card that gives +Def…… he makes an excellent all round Hero. He can defend 2 attacks a round with 3 Def… he barely ever takes dmg and if he does it can be used as threat. If not many enemies around he has a decent 2 WP for getting stuck into the quest, and can be readied and used in Def again if needed!

I also think he has really good artwork (although most cards do!)

So how about everyone else?

#2 starhawk77

starhawk77

• Members
  • 444 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:25 PM

Gotta go with Boromir. Just such an overwhelming beast in combat. When you suit him up with Support of the Eagles, you actually HOPE several enemies come off the encounter deck, just so you can feed them to your Gondorian buzzsaw. Plus, he has one of the more thematic abilities in the game if you really need to get out of a jam.

Honorable Mention: Eleanor, Dain Ironfoot.

#3 Drengi

Drengi

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:58 AM

I must admit I havent really used Boromir very much since he was released. I see the obvious benefits of him, but im always wary of my threat sky rocketing by abusing his ability!

#4 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,800 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:52 AM

boromir + lore aragorn = win

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#5 lleimmoen

lleimmoen

• Members
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:22 AM

Yeah, that is a good. Even adding Frodo to Strider and Boromir, starting threat is not that terribly high and you can abuse it for a while, collect threat reduction and use that right after Strider's ability. Pretty strong, Strider plus either (or both).

As to OP, I am terribly undecided but if held at point blank I would not hesitate saying Boromir as well.

#6 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

• Members
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:51 AM

My favorite is probably Dúnhere. I don't use him all the time, and he works best if you really focus on a low-threat strategy, but I love being able to pummel helpless enemies in the staging area. Get Unexpected Courage and some Dunedain Marks or other atk-boosters on him and he becomes a beast. Another problem for Dúnhere is the recent plethora of low-engagement cost enemies. That really ruins Dúnhere's day. So he's really not the most useful card, but I think he's super fun to play.

Boromir and Frodo are close behind Dúnhere, Frodo for his usefulness (especially with Fast Hitch), and Boromir because he's just so fun to use.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#7 DurinIII

DurinIII

• Members
  • 555 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:42 AM

Hard choice between Frodo and Bilbo for me.  I have to go with Bilbo because without him, I would win a lot less solo games!  His extra card draw ability makes him my favorite!

#8 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,800 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:33 AM

so far bilbo or frodo- purely because i love everything bagginsssssssss……..

#9 DurinIII

DurinIII

• Members
  • 555 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:27 PM

Right with you Rich!

#10 FAAx87

FAAx87

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:32 PM

I play with Bifur in every deck I'm using at the moment. He is cheap, has decent willpower and his ability is really, really good for multisphere decks like mine. Thalin, Théodred and Beravor are also very nice heroes.

#11 Melkor

Melkor

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:01 PM

I would say Bilbo because in solo is amazing, but that hair… so i say Frodo Baggins.

#12 Drengi

Drengi

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:47 PM

Melkor said:

I would say Bilbo because in solo is amazing, but that hair… so i say Frodo Baggins.

I agree, I cant understand where Bilbo actually gets a perm in middle earth?!?

#13 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,800 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:56 PM

Drengi said:

Melkor said:

Hobbiton Hairdressers….obviously

#14 lleimmoen

lleimmoen

• Members
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:46 PM

richsabre said:

Drengi said:

Melkor said:

Hobbiton Hairdressers….obviously

Made of wool - visibly.

If Boromir were my Tactics choice, Dúnhere is the Spirit choice, Imrahil for Leadership but I am still waiting for a Lore hero that I would become entangled with, Denethor or Bilbo are great solo, Beravor is super strong, Bifur a good buy surely but none are my "personal" favorites.

#15 DurinIII

DurinIII

• Members
  • 555 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:49 AM

Yeah, it's the Hobbiton hairdressers. :)  I am with you guys, I don't like his hair either, but in a very weird way, there is a certain charm to the card. 

#16 Mattr0polis

Mattr0polis

• Members
  • 818 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 04:05 AM

Still has to be Beravor.

Even though she's not a "real" Lord of the Rings character, Tiziano Baracchi's artwork makes her feel like she's been in Middle Earth with all the other Heroes the whole time.

Beautiful artwork, decent well-rounded stats that can help quest/defend/attack wherever needed, and still one of the most powerful abilities in the game.

#17 Troymk1

Troymk1

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 04:20 AM

I am a BIG fan of Dain.

#18 Narsil0420

Narsil0420

• Members
  • 601 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:26 AM

I really love Elladan and Elrohir. My favorite art plus they're rad thematically. I wish it were possible to use just the two of them but that's a little tough since they're out of Secrecy range after the first turn. I saw the other day that someone was using Loragorn and them in a deck which seems risky to me with that high threat but what the heck, why deny myself the pleasure of using my three favorite heroes!?!

#19 Ted Sandyman

Ted Sandyman

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:56 PM

Im a Bilbo fan too. His hair can penetrate orc armour, so with that special ability he will always be on my quests. There seriously WAS a Hobbiton hairdressers mentioned in the book and they apparently did a very good foot perm.

#20 DurinIII

DurinIII

• Members
  • 555 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:25 AM

Nice Ted, thanks for noticing that! Haha. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS