• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Catbeard

Catbeard

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:15 PM

http://gibletblizzar...us-expanse.html

the starting map I'll be giving my players.

#2 Cornwallis

Cornwallis

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:47 PM

is there a larger copy of this map?

#3 HeavensThunderHammer

HeavensThunderHammer

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:32 PM

Cornwallis said:

is there a larger copy of this map?

Consider me a +1 for this too… It looks amazing, but way too small for me to print out nicely and be useful.

#4 Catbeard

Catbeard

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:04 PM

did you click through on the image? it's 1000px x 1000px which should be fine for a Letter sized paage, but if that's not going to cut it how big do you need it?

#5 Cornwallis

Cornwallis

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:22 AM

big enough to read the words would suffice. the zoomed in is still only big enough to see the lines

Edit: its been sized up. thanks

#6 Plynkes

Plynkes

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:11 AM

Very nicely done.

Myself I'm making do with hand-drawn maps of little bits of the Expanse and of planetary systems. Roughed up and stained with coffee to resemble old pirate charts. A bit silly, but fun to make, and tangible props the players can hold in their hands (I figure that as well as hololithic projections, they have hard copies as a means of backing up the files on their ship ;)).

#7 kenshin138

kenshin138

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:02 AM

Very cool. What all did you use to create it?

#8 Catbeard

Catbeard

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:39 AM

Illustrator for the linework, textures are from free stock sites, all put together in photoshop.

glad you like!

#9 wolph42

wolph42

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:50 PM

Catbeard said:

Illustrator for the linework, textures are from free stock sites, all put together in photoshop.

glad you like!

Nice! thanks for sharing. One tiny nitpick though: the official aquila has one blindfolded eagle (usually you just don't see the eye of the right one).

I was also wondering if you could share the map without the parchment background and the stains. I'll like to use it as a(n electronic) tactical map for the warroom of the RT bridge (black and green).

#10 kenshin138

kenshin138

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:46 AM

Another thing of note. It is amazing how simply rotating a "known" map can make it feel fresh and new.

#11 Hunterindarkness

Hunterindarkness

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:38 PM

Very nice. I shall be using this.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS