SSU Battle Squad MGs

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 BlackKnight1917

BlackKnight1917

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:55 PM

I got two SSU battle squad boxes and in both one MG looks like the 12.7 DSHK pictured on the box and the other had a smooth cylindrical barrel like a thin US water-cooled MG.  Anyone seen this and know what's up?  The box shows two identical 12.7 dishkas.

#2 Dakkon426

Dakkon426

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:14 PM

I would contact FFG support they'll be able to tell you whats what.

#3 Loophole Master

Loophole Master

• Members
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:23 PM

Yes, it seems this is normal. One of the MGs is supposed to be water-cooled, even though that's now what's shown in the box. On Facebook, Paolo Parente said it himself: "it is the watercooled version of the same MG."

#4 Major Mishap

Major Mishap

• Members
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:38 PM

Water cooled with no water tank.  This version looks pretty aweful to me.

#5 deedob

deedob

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:11 AM

Loophole Master said:

Yes, it seems this is normal. One of the MGs is supposed to be water-cooled, even though that's now what's shown in the box. On Facebook, Paolo Parente said it himself: "it is the watercooled version of the same MG."

You serious? I have the same exact *problem* and i contacted FFG support last friday about it (still waiting for an answer).

It doesn't look like the picture's models on their own unit card so this must be a manufacturing problem as it would be the first unit that doesn't look exactly like it's card… and if i'm not alone then it might means the entire line has a problem…

If it's supposed to look like that, then the picture should've been updated. But realistically, it looks horrible on the mini. It doesn't look like a watercoolant system, it looks like a cardboard tube put over a gun…

#6 mgentile7

mgentile7

• Members
  • 723 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:01 PM

Mine have not arrived eyt so im anxious to see what this is all about.

#7 Major Mishap

Major Mishap

• Members
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:45 PM

The Battle Grenadiers don't match up either, you actually have to convert and swap parts to make the Tank Killers.

#8 mgentile7

mgentile7

• Members
  • 723 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:55 AM

This is an obvious SSU plot to annoy all gamers!!!!!!!!!!!! Now ill have to team up my british and german forces to get them back.

#9 Wolfen

Wolfen

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:48 PM

The Death Dealers have a simular problem like the Tank Killers. The three miniatures with M1 AR have UGL mounted to their guns, but the statcard says they are armed with the normal variant without a UGL.

#10 felkor

felkor

• Members
  • 998 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 03:40 AM

Wolfen said:

The Death Dealers have a simular problem like the Tank Killers. The three miniatures with M1 AR have UGL mounted to their guns, but the statcard says they are armed with the normal variant without a UGL.

In Dust Warfare, they have the 3 UGLs.  DW is WYSYWYG but DT doesn't seem to work quite this way with limited ammo weapons- not sure if it was just a balance thing or what.

#11 Major Mishap

Major Mishap

• Members
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 04:50 AM

felkor said:

Wolfen said:

In Dust Warfare, they have the 3 UGLs.  DW is WYSYWYG but DT doesn't seem to work quite this way with limited ammo weapons- not sure if it was just a balance thing or what.

Wysywg doesn't really apply to DT as any model in the squad can use them and not just the models with them.  You could remove all the panzerfaust models from the recon squad and the LMG model could still use them.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS