QUest Log. Any one use it?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Atraangelis

Atraangelis

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:14 PM

Just got into LoTR LCG and love the online quest log, any one else use it?

#2 Doom1502

Doom1502

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:26 PM

Yes, but mostly for solo-play because the possibility to log multiplayergames is really impractical.

#3 starhawk77

starhawk77

• Members
  • 444 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:06 PM

I use it. Gives me a nice way to keep track of high scores and successful builds. I don't think it's particularly helpful as a comparative tool, but it's quite handy for gauging your own progress.

#4 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

The Uncanny One

• Members
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:20 AM

I used it when I first started playing, but the extra time it took just wasn't worth the minimal benefits I felt I was getting from logging my quests. Especially because you need to log all losses to really make the comparison statistics valid, which is a really pain in the neck.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#5 Atraangelis

Atraangelis

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:27 AM

Thanks for the Request Doom,

As a side note, I just got into LotR(LCG) , so this was really cool to see.

Gives me a good reason tro come here whenever I play, I have it bookmarked on my i-pad, so when i finish a game, just drop in and post.

#6 Asmoridin

Asmoridin

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:58 PM

I've been using it for all my games.  I don't worry so much about the results of having multiple people in my multiplayer games, I assume that as more people play and record, the results will move towards their 'expected' values anyway.

#7 Narsil0420

Narsil0420

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:32 PM

I use it. The only major drawback is that it does not take into account your failures so there's no real reason to post those.

I keep a seperate spreadsheet to keep track of my win/loss ratios

Feel free to add me!

#8 scottindeed

scottindeed

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:48 AM

I use it, but only post my wins.  I'm only really interested in what high score I have achieved and which Heroes I used to do it.

#9 Teck-Siong

Teck-Siong

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:42 PM

I use it to keep track of my improvement, or the other way round, every time I finish a game. 

#10 Atraangelis

Atraangelis

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:59 AM

After a few days i had tracked all my games, 11 loss 3 win. 

I realize tracking losses does not help at all.

So im only tracking wins now.

#11 Dopey2400

Dopey2400

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:12 AM

I know that this is a bit late, but I am new to the game as well and one of the main reasons why I started looking at the forums was because of the Quest logger. Feel free to add me!

#12 Cocky

Cocky

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:10 PM

I have used it since getting the game and find it useful for keeping track of what quest I have completed. Feel free to add me.

#13 gatharion

gatharion

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:15 AM

I used it a whole bunch when I was playing a whole mess of solo games while my wife was out of the country. Now I just add something occasionally. 

#14 bollywongaloid

bollywongaloid

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:10 PM

Used it a few times. Got bored

#15 OnkelZorni

OnkelZorni

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:32 AM

I log every quest, no matter if win or loss. Maybe FFG will improve the log one day (haha) so we have some useful statistics.

Everyone may feel free to add me

#16 radiskull

radiskull

• Members
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:48 AM

I don't use it - too much trouble for not enough functionality.

(also, this wasn't a rules question…)

#17 Mako83

Mako83

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:45 PM

I use it, feel free to add me ;-)

#18 JasonRed3

JasonRed3

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:07 AM

I just started using it… some notes:

1. It doesn't ask for all the data it probably should, like number of rounds, etc.

2. It doesn't let you see other people's scores… it'd be nice to see how you did in a scenario compared to the average, or compared to the best, etc.  I realize it's an honor system right now, but it'd be nice to see some averages, at least.

3. When playing with more than one player, it doesn't care about the other players… just you.  So if you win a scenario with two other people, you're just entering it for yourself… if your friends want their scores entered, they have to do it themselves.  This is good/bad… you can get something entered with one person, but if all three enter the same game, it probably looks like three different games to the system.

Still, the idea is strong, and I can see the potential in it… just needs a little more development.

X-Wing forces:  

Light Side:​

Spoiler

Dark Side:​

Spoiler

LotR LCG Player, Blood Bowl Team Manager Fan

#19 ins3kT

ins3kT

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:53 AM

JasonRed3 said:

I just started using it… some notes:

1. It doesn't ask for all the data it probably should, like number of rounds, etc.

2. It doesn't let you see other people's scores… it'd be nice to see how you did in a scenario compared to the average, or compared to the best, etc.  I realize it's an honor system right now, but it'd be nice to see some averages, at least.

3. When playing with more than one player, it doesn't care about the other players… just you.  So if you win a scenario with two other people, you're just entering it for yourself… if your friends want their scores entered, they have to do it themselves.  This is good/bad… you can get something entered with one person, but if all three enter the same game, it probably looks like three different games to the system.

Still, the idea is strong, and I can see the potential in it… just needs a little more development.

I just came to the forums to open a thread about this. Instead let me give this a little *push*.

It's a shame to see the potential wasted.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS