Photo

Strange Eons Question - Adding Doom to a Difficulty card.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jake yet again

Jake yet again

• Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:38 AM

I want to make a Difficulty card that has doom tokens on it. Does anyone know how I might accomplish this?

Lovecraft Country Horror - A completely FREE Big Box expansion for Arkham Horror, exploring the minor locations of the Cthulhu Mythos. Contains: Lovecraft Country Board, 16 Investigators, 4 Ancient Ones, 16 Skills, 32 Common Items, 24 Unique Items, 10 Spells, 16 Music of Erich Zann cards, 76 Leads, 4 Allies, 32 Monsters, 24 Injuries and Madnesses, 54 Mythos Cards, 41 Outer World Encounters, 52 Location Encounters for each Neighbourhood.

#2 Grudunza

Grudunza

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:56 AM

You should be able to use, I think, the Insert Marker function to add any graphic you want.

#3 skree

skree

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:20 PM

@Jake yet again.

Stange Eons (2.1 alpha 13)

1. go to:  Toolbox.

2. open: Image Resource Browser.

3. scroll down to the folder named:  icons.

4. go to the file named:  about-icon.png.

If you do this, you should have a Doom Token without numbers on them. 

#4 Jake yet again

Jake yet again

• Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:38 PM

Thanks guys, very useful answer. Here's the card (hope I got the size right, FFG really ought to include a few defaults!)

I read in one of the forums that some players never use Arkham with Dunwich and Innsmouth because the sheer number of gate opportunities meant that a gate opened almost every turn regardless of the investigators actions and that - with too many boards - you literally bled turns. Whilst the official FFG answer - each board beyond the first reduces the player count by one - solves the "too much ground to cover / too many gates open at once", it does not solve the reduce Doom Track issue.

With excellent new fan-expansions like Vermont and the Dreamlands, this problem only grows worse for the "all-in" player, so this card is designed as a mitigating factor. It can be used multiple times if multiple boards are in play, allowing for a game with all five expansions.

Lovecraft Country Horror - A completely FREE Big Box expansion for Arkham Horror, exploring the minor locations of the Cthulhu Mythos. Contains: Lovecraft Country Board, 16 Investigators, 4 Ancient Ones, 16 Skills, 32 Common Items, 24 Unique Items, 10 Spells, 16 Music of Erich Zann cards, 76 Leads, 4 Allies, 32 Monsters, 24 Injuries and Madnesses, 54 Mythos Cards, 41 Outer World Encounters, 52 Location Encounters for each Neighbourhood.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS