Jump to content



Photo

Are Exhibit item considered unique item?


  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 thevampyresade

thevampyresade

    Member

  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:08 AM

For the sake of cards like the Back injury where you can only carry 3 item (any combination of common and unique) are exhibit item are considered being unique item?

 

Same thing for the Dunwich task (I do not remember the name) where u need to sacrifice 4 unique item, could those be exhibit item?



#2 Hugues

Hugues

    Member

  • Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:34 AM

 If you put your question in the general forum, you'll have more visibility i think.

In my point of view, the Exhibit item have to be counted in the limit of 3 items, but can't be discarder for the task because they aren't unique items.

So, yes and no to your question. To be confirmed by someone better than I am with the rules ;)



#3 thevampyresade

thevampyresade

    Member

  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:34 AM

Thank you very much for your answer.



#4 Julia

Julia

    I survived Avi's apocalypse

  • Members
  • 6,488 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 09:14 PM

That's a tricky question.

Technically, Dunwich was out after the Dark Pharoah was published, so they should have considered your issue. Practically, often FFG have proven they didn't care too much about expansions interaction (until Miskatonic was out). Nonetheless, I'd play it as it's written, so your Exhibit are immune from the effects of Back Injury, but you cannot discard them to complete the Dunwich mission you mentioned


We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#5 Hugues

Hugues

    Member

  • Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:36 PM

 So, we agreed regarding the discarding an "unique item", but you think an exhibit item can't be consider as an item regarding the back injury ?

Mmmm… Okay, I went reading the card. I thought it said 3 items… But it says any combination of Common and Unique… So I think you're right. But I also think, that it should be considered in the limit :)

A post in the main forum would have attracted Tibs attention and surely a more definitive answer ;)



#6 Julia

Julia

    I survived Avi's apocalypse

  • Members
  • 6,488 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:38 AM

Hugues said:

A post in the main forum would have attracted Tibs attention and surely a more definitive answer ;)

Yeah, that's very true. My point is that some "items" are not considered items for purposes of discarding when driven insane / knocked unconscious. For example, the Patrol Wagon and the deputy revolver do not count as "items". But the common items counterpart (sedanette, for example, and the derringer) do count, being common items.

Thus, the sedanette do count against the number of items allowed by a Back Injury, but the Patrol Wagon don't (and I guess your back is still aching regardless of what you're driving). The Dark Pharoah said that for purposes of drawing Exhibit items, you're allowed to every time you're instructed to draw a Unique Item. But that's the only thing they have in common. So, I'd play this literally.

As far as I remember, this was never clarified. But I'd love to know Tibs' opinion as well


We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#7 thevampyresade

thevampyresade

    Member

  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:28 AM

Julia said:

Hugues said:

 

Yeah, that's very true. My point is that some "items" are not considered items for purposes of discarding when driven insane / knocked unconscious. For example, the Patrol Wagon and the deputy revolver do not count as "items". But the common items counterpart (sedanette, for example, and the derringer) do count, being common items.

 

Acutally, I think the deputy revolver is consider an item when you count the number of item you have in order to lose half of them. However, you can chose not to lose it. Espcially if it's your last item.



#8 Julia

Julia

    I survived Avi's apocalypse

  • Members
  • 6,488 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:42 AM

thevampyresade said:

Julia said:

 

Hugues said:

 

Yeah, that's very true. My point is that some "items" are not considered items for purposes of discarding when driven insane / knocked unconscious. For example, the Patrol Wagon and the deputy revolver do not count as "items". But the common items counterpart (sedanette, for example, and the derringer) do count, being common items.

 

 

 

Acutally, I think the deputy revolver is consider an item when you count the number of item you have in order to lose half of them. However, you can chose not to lose it. Espcially if it's your last item.

Yes, sure, my bad, as per core rules, the Deputy revolver is considered an item for discarding purposes


We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#9 parkrrrr

parkrrrr

    Member

  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:16 AM

thevampyresade said:

Julia said:

 

Acutally, I think the deputy revolver is consider an item when you count the number of item you have in order to lose half of them. However, you can chose not to lose it. Espcially if it's your last item.

That's not unique to the deputy's revolver, though. You always choose which items you lose, and if you only have one item you lose none.

 

 

 



#10 Julia

Julia

    I survived Avi's apocalypse

  • Members
  • 6,488 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:04 AM

parkrrrr said:

 

That's not unique to the deputy's revolver, though. You always choose which items you lose, and if you only have one item you lose none.

Sadly, this is not correct. Even if rules suggest this, it was said in the main forum (Tibs) that the coming FAQ will fix this: if you have only one item when you go insane / unconscious, you lose it


We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#11 parkrrrr

parkrrrr

    Member

  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:17 AM

The rules don't just suggest it; they outright state "half, rounded down." Is this some sort of new math?



#12 Julia

Julia

    I survived Avi's apocalypse

  • Members
  • 6,488 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:47 AM

parkrrrr said:

The rules don't just suggest it; they outright state "half, rounded down." Is this some sort of new math?

As said, Tibs said this is to be changed in the FAQ to avoid people exploiting the "I have only one item, let's try to kill that dam(n) Star Spawn"


We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#13 parkrrrr

parkrrrr

    Member

  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:11 AM

Julia said:

parkrrrr said:

 

The rules don't just suggest it; they outright state "half, rounded down." Is this some sort of new math?

 

 

As said, Tibs said this is to be changed in the FAQ to avoid people exploiting the "I have only one item, let's try to kill that dam(n) Star Spawn"

I'm convinced that the FAQ is an elaborate practical joke. I mean, I've been convinced of that for a long time, what with the continuing insistence that it'll be published someday in the face of years of evidence to the contrary, but now I'm even more convinced.

This is the sort of thing that goes in an erratum, not in a FAQ. FAQs are for rules clarifications, not changes to existing, well-specified rules.

 






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS