power of blood versus wildfire assault

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Sealtyk

Sealtyk

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:52 PM

Lets say my opponent has 6 characters, the Blackfish, Catelyn Stark and 4 non-unique characters. I play Wildfire assault as my plot :When revealed, each player chooses up to 3 of his or her characters. All characters not chosen are killed (cannot be saved). He plays Power of Blood: You may have up to 2 copies of The Power of Blood in your plot deck. Noble characters cannot be killed. To resolve my plot he chooses 3 of his non-unique characters and kills the last non-unique. Was this performed correctly? Does the power of blood make the noble characters illegal targets for wildfire assault? Or did my opponent pull a fast one on me?

#2 Sealtyk

Sealtyk

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:55 PM

Nevermind, I answered my own question as soon as I posted this. Thanks anyway…

#3 Slothgodfather

Slothgodfather

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 02:50 PM

Yea, since Wildfire doesn't "target" those it kills it is a legal play.  The "cannot be killed" of the plot is not considered a "save" so the "cannot be saved" effect from Wildfire doesn't come into play for those nobles.

#4 blashkowitch

blashkowitch

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:24 PM

I thought that it depends who resolves his plot first,

when it would be the one with power of blood then I think It is as you sad SLOTGODFATHER, but when it would the one with wildfire assault  then I think the other player must  choose among all characters, because his plot didn't resolve yet and they can be still killed, or am I wrong?

#5 Underworld40k

Underworld40k

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:47 PM

Power of blood is not a 'when revealed' plot card. It is active from the moment you turn it over.

#6 blashkowitch

blashkowitch

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:07 PM

Underworld40k said:

Power of blood is not a 'when revealed' plot card. It is active from the moment you turn it over.

so the initiative is only for choosing the first player, and that first player only choose the order in which are the "when revealed" plot cards resolving, all others plot cards are immediately in effect?

#7 Khudzlin

Khudzlin

• Members
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:25 AM

Pretty much. All constant effects on plots (like Power of Blood) are active from the moment the plot is revealed. Some plots have passive effects that have other triggers than "when revealed" (The First Snows of Winter initiates after the first challenge of the round is initiated) or even a response (Outwit has a cancel response that is usable from the moment the plot is revealed). Threat from the North is an example of a plot with both a constant effect (the STR penalty) and a non-"when revealed" passive effect (the discard at 0).

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS