Jump to content



Photo

abilities


  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 PBnJ

PBnJ

    Member

  • Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:36 AM

Well we've seen someof the abilities that are in 2nd. like rage,poision, stun and immobilize. anybody care to guess which one's made it to 2nd.  Or better yet which one's you hope will never show up again. 

for me I hope soar is gone. or really really changed.  I wqs hoping that thier would be race type abaility that would cover all immunities.  Like invrulinable for the golem.  I was hoping for  something like "undead".= immune to poision, stun ,sleep,  and bleed. something like that. 

you with the def. die, I wonder how priece will play a roll in the game, Hmmm. 



#2 Bleached Lizard

Bleached Lizard

    Member

  • Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:06 AM

PBnJ said:

Well we've seen someof the abilities that are in 2nd. like rage,poision, stun and immobilize. anybody care to guess which one's made it to 2nd.  Or better yet which one's you hope will never show up again. 

for me I hope soar is gone. or really really changed.  I wqs hoping that thier would be race type abaility that would cover all immunities.  Like invrulinable for the golem.  I was hoping for  something like "undead".= immune to poision, stun ,sleep,  and bleed. something like that. 

you with the def. die, I wonder how priece will play a roll in the game, Hmmm. 

Pierce will likely just cancel shields, the same as it did in 1E.



#3 Steve-O

Steve-O

    Member

  • Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 09:05 AM

Bleached Lizard said:

 

Pierce will likely just cancel shields, the same as it did in 1E.

Assuming it's still there, I agree.  Mechanically speaking, the only thing that will have changed is that the number of armor points available to be cancelled will now be random.

Personally, I'm hoping that Unstoppable and Invulnerable will both be gone.  Those abilities just blocked far too many things.  I'm cool with figures being immune to some things because of their physiology or whatever, but they shouldn't be getting immunity to 6 different things in one ability. =P



#4 Bleached Lizard

Bleached Lizard

    Member

  • Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 09:10 AM

Steve-O said:

Bleached Lizard said:

 

 

Pierce will likely just cancel shields, the same as it did in 1E.

 

 

Assuming it's still there, I agree.  

It is still there.  You can see it on the Bane Spider cards for the conversion kit.



#5 Sausageman

Sausageman

    Member

  • Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:38 AM

Bleached Lizard said:

Steve-O said:

 

Bleached Lizard said:

 

 

Pierce will likely just cancel shields, the same as it did in 1E.

 

 

Assuming it's still there, I agree.  

 

 

It is still there.  You can see it on the Bane Spider cards for the conversion kit.

It may not do the same.  It *could* be a 'force a re-roll of a defense dice for each rating in pierce', who knows…



#6 Jafix

Jafix

    Member

  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:24 AM

IMO, there is no other option than that pierce is reducing number of shields you will get on defense dice. Pierce is Pierce :) 



#7 Bleached Lizard

Bleached Lizard

    Member

  • Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:34 AM

Sausageman said:

 

Bleached Lizard said:

 

Steve-O said:

 

Bleached Lizard said:

 

 

Pierce will likely just cancel shields, the same as it did in 1E.

 

 

Assuming it's still there, I agree.  

 

 

It is still there.  You can see it on the Bane Spider cards for the conversion kit.

 

 

It may not do the same.  It *could* be a 'force a re-roll of a defense dice for each rating in pierce', who knows…

 

 

If that were the case, the Knight's sword would have Pierce.



#8 Sausageman

Sausageman

    Member

  • Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:20 AM

Bleached Lizard said:

If that were the case, the Knight's sword would have Pierce.

Hey, I'm just playing devlis advocate - I actually think pierce will do the same as it did in 1ed too - though doubt we'll see the likes of 'Pierce 4' that we did in the earlier edition.  I get the impression that there will be less armour in general, so stands to reason there will be less pierce to go with it.






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS