Photo

Two doubts / The fall of House Lynch (spoilers)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 elyeti

elyeti

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:10 PM

Hi everyone!

We have just played our second MoM game (The fall of House Lynch) and we have two doubts:

1.- Can two players hide in the same hideout?

2.- (spoiler) Do they have to spend movement points when trying to escape from the house, or solving the puzzle is enough to escape and win?

Thank you!

#2 GrimJester

GrimJester

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:10 PM

I'm not sure about your second question, but after reading the rules which state that you have to place the investigator on the hiding space, I think that you can only put one.  My reasoning is that you couldn't easily fit more than one, and thematically, more than one is kind of silly.  MoM is a heavily themed game, and I don't think a bunch of investigators piled into a trunk like clowns in a car fits the mood.

#3 MaddockKrug

MaddockKrug

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:52 PM

Hi.

(1) The English rules are ambiguous. I would have no trouble with more then one investigator hiding in the same location. Just think of the "silly" moments in various funny horror- or crime-movies … ;) But according to the translated version (German) it reads more like one investigator per hiding place.

(2) You refer to the *SPOILER* goal in which the investigators have to flee the House of Lynch, right? The lock in question locks a door; and in order to pass that door (leave the House of Lynch) you need to spend a movement or an action, which applies for solving the lock-puzzle.

All the best!

Mad

For GM: Mad's Adventure, Adventure Hooks, NPCs, and Locations - same at RPGGEEK

SW, to me, is a Spaghetti Western with space ships for horses. No matter what you do it causes a problem.  You just might save the day.  Crazy heroics and adventure!

#4 elyeti

elyeti

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 01:00 AM

Thank you!

I prefer one investigator per hiding place too, more than one sounds a little bit tacky.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS