basing glue

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 fhaugh

fhaugh

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:31 PM

What kind of glue do you guys use for your basing materials?  I have grass flocking, Scale rocks, etc but I'm wondering which glue type is best for each.

#2 mgentile7

mgentile7

• Members
  • 723 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:26 PM

Depending how you base you can use clear elmers glue or wood glue. If doing gravel as I typically play a city board I use the wood glue, then go over that with some woodland scenic - scenic cement, its just a watered down elmers glue but it dries flat and holds the gravel in place nicely.

#3 fhaugh

fhaugh

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 04:41 PM

thanks, never would have thought of elmers…

#4 Dakkon426

Dakkon426

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:27 PM

Also elmers glue is sometimes reffered to as pva glue.

#5 Siouxfire

Siouxfire

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:47 PM

I use undiluted PVA/Elmer's glue to fix ballast, sand and other bits to the base. You can dilute it a bit but if you work quick and are sparing, there's no need. Then I dilute 50/50 with water and use an eyedropper to fix it all once dry.

#6 drei

drei

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 09:19 AM

PVA works fine for me.

Sometimes even in a mix with water, black color and sand to create some kind of a paste,

which is fine to hold some small terrain bits like skulls, weapons to appear half buried in the ground…

#7 green_lumux

green_lumux

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:48 AM

I'll chime in and add my voice to elmer's!! 

I picked up a 2L jub several years ago, and I'm STILL using it! And that AFTER I based a 8 foot urban ruins table, and probably close to 200 miniatures. 

I have used cyanoacrylite, but that stuff can be dangerous if you're not in a well ventilated area… AND, if you're drilling/carving into it, it can ignite and make caustic gas. 

Found that out the hard way. :S

#8 Bartali

Bartali

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:42 AM

Whichever PVA based glue you can get the cheapest

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS