Photo

Dark Elf (Almost) Instant Kill if combo triggered deck.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Daemonette666

Daemonette666

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:18 AM

The new series of cards being released has created a very nasty deck combination, I over heard about it yesterday when one of the players preparing for the local gaming tournament boasted it is almost impossible to beat unless you have a cancel tactic card available, or can kill of or steal the Lord (s) of change before they activate the combo.

This is how it works, and believe me I have checked the rules regarding actoions the quest phase, etc, and it works.

You place a lord of change (March of the damned #21) and then you use a fist of mork tactic card - provided you have enough loyalty points to bring it on, although he will be running an ork deck, then you use its action put it back on the top of your deck and continue using it, as the keeper of secrets (MD21) allows you to use the card on the top of your deck face up and play it as though it were in your hand..

I have come up with a better combo though.  I am running a Dark Elf deck with a small number of cheaper Ork and Chaos cards to be able to get the loyalty cost down.  I then use "Fists of Mork" to cause 2 indirect damage to target opponent, and then keep re-using the same tactic in the same Capital Phase until the opponent is dead.   Alternatively, I also am using 3 copies of Barbed Snares which removes the top 2 cards of an opponents deck, and if successful, you put the card back onto your own deck, and keep using it because of the Lord of Changes ability. 

My deck had 3 lord of changes, a numberless grave yard, just in case the opponent destroys the lord of change I currently have out, stealing cards to stel the opponents copies of the lord of change, and 3 copies of each of fists of Mork, and Barbed Snares.

I am sure that this combination will be too powerful, so an update will be made to limit the number of cards you can use.in competitions. Probably something like adding Keeper of secrets, Fists of Mork, Barbed Snares, and the other cards that have been released that return to the top of your deck if they are used but not destroyed.

I am sure there are other really nasty card combinations out there. 

Daemonettte666

#2 Virgo

Virgo

• Members
  • 706 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:53 AM

Read this topic:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp?efid=155&efcid=4&efidt=625392

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS