Help wanted in converting Frozen Reaches to the BFK mass combat system

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 alpha1983

alpha1983

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:30 PM

Hello everyone. As I know that my players will not be satisfied with a battle where they can´t move their troops and prepare some nasty surprises for the xenos, I´ve decided to port FR to a custom mod of the BFK mass combat system. But the bad news is that I´m stuck with the orks. So far I have this for the humans:

Name                            Size      Str    Power   Type        Quality              Gear              Special

House Troops             Bat        25       7          Light       Professional   Good

Mustered Armsmen   Bat        50       3           Light      Conscript         Poor

Storm Troopers          Plat        5        12         Heavy     Veteran            Good

Levy                              Bat         50       7          Medium  Volunteer        Common

Armour                         Comp   200   10         Medium    Volunteer       Common      -50Str if not fighting in offence

Artillery                        Comp     50      9          Medium    Volunteer       Common       Double damage recibed if fighting close

M Enforcer                 Comp     10      5           Light         Volunteer       Common        Double power in city & Actions +10 in city

M Suppresion           Plat          5       10         Medium   Professional  Good               Double power in city & Actions + 10 in city

Skitarii                        Comp     10     11          Heavy      Professional   Good

Trouble comes when I try to conver the ork troops, since there´s not an easy way to represent the troops that would be part of the different Strengths for each of the locations. From the descriptions of the different ork strengths I get that there will be a mix of infantry, armour & artillery among the attackers, I don´t know wich kind of mix would be OK.

I´m using some house rules that are very similar to the ones posted here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ItRtCwMpMc3xkbzwcVQDuWEkZZ5oRIu96IQMhI8w9NI/edit?hl=en&authkey=CMTG0NEJ

Any ideas?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS