A reward for a specially bloody An Eye for an Eye

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Yepesnopes

Yepesnopes

• Members
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:02 AM

This past weekend we play through An Eye for an Eye. It was very fun and the scenario is very good I have to say. I find it has a good balance between investigation and combat and I specially like the fact that a good investigation rewards the players with an easier final combat encounter.

Still, the sessions were very bloody

In the first combat encounter, the Troll Slayer was knocked unconscious while fighting two Gors and he also lost his shield hand. Later one, the scout of the group was put to sleep by a single Reckless Cleave the Wargor (he was equipped with a two-handed weapon).

Still, the Troll Slayer played through the whole scenario with three critical wounds (one of which was a permanent Severed Hand) and 13 wounds (out of 14), managed to keep alive Korden and fight the cultists.

For these, once he arrives to Karak Azgaraz with the Hammer and Rambling Korden, I will reward him with one of the following prosthesis, I still have to think which

I post them in case some of your players may also be interested in the latest prosthetic dwarven technologies

The Book of the Asur - High Elf fan supplement

The Dark Side - Witches, Warlocks, Dark Magic and more

Secrets of the Anvil - Advanced Dwarf careers and runes

Dice statistics calculator for SW EotE

#2 valvorik

valvorik

• Members
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:50 AM

Excellent stuff, fun to hear how that played out.  Must have been nail biter (well, of one hand) for the player.

I like your summation of the adventure's balance.  Do you agree that it's a good adventure but might be a bit much for first time GM precisely because of its more open/fluid possibilities?  For an experienced GM, even if new to system, it's probably okay is my take on it.

#3 Yepesnopes

Yepesnopes

• Members
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:04 PM

valvorik said:

Excellent stuff, fun to hear how that played out.  Must have been nail biter (well, of one hand) for the player.

I like your summation of the adventure's balance.  Do you agree that it's a good adventure but might be a bit much for first time GM precisely because of its more open/fluid possibilities?  For an experienced GM, even if new to system, it's probably okay is my take on it.

Definitely! As an introductory adventure it may be too much for both, inexperienced GMs and players alike.

The Book of the Asur - High Elf fan supplement

The Dark Side - Witches, Warlocks, Dark Magic and more

Secrets of the Anvil - Advanced Dwarf careers and runes

Dice statistics calculator for SW EotE

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS