Moritat: Weapons

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Elduir Darkwing

Elduir Darkwing

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:50 AM

I'm playing a moritat, and based on the description of the faith, I find it unacceptable to use chain or power weapons, and instead choose to wield only melee weapons that deal rending damage, or primitive ranged weapons that deal rending damage, no exceptions.

Given this, what is the best weapon to use?

The best I can think of is a Lathe Bolo Knife with a Tox dispenser. Any thoughts?

#2 ShadowRay

ShadowRay

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:42 AM

Power Weapons doesn't use blade to cut, and therefore won't benefit from Moritat Trait (at least from what I understand).
Chain weapons already have tearing and would look strange for an assassin (I think they make to much noise) but they spill a lot of blood and that's what moritat is about, so they are approved.

#3 Elduir Darkwing

Elduir Darkwing

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:30 AM

I'm not using either of them. Moritat assassins despise technologically advanced weaponry, and both of those are, thus, I shan't use them.

So my question then, is a bolo knife the best I have?

#4 Angel of Death

Angel of Death

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:44 PM

Right now mine has 2 Mono Bolo  and Mono Sword, and for when I need to go all out Long Sabre and for hidden 2 Punch Daggers and a Devil Kiss Stiletto

and should I decide to go ranged combat, I have Throwing Blades and Compound Bow (Accurate Weapon) so maybe get extra damage

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

#5 Elduir Darkwing

Elduir Darkwing

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:10 PM

I currently have a Lathe Chimera Pistolsword, Toxic, and a concealed BQ devil's kiss Toxic.

#6 Angel of Death

Angel of Death

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:46 PM

Elduir Darkwing said:

I currently have a Lathe Chimera Pistolsword, Toxic, and a concealed BQ devil's kiss Toxic.

How do you deal as a Moritat with the Pistol Sword?

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

#7 Elduir Darkwing

Elduir Darkwing

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:49 PM

Don't fire the pistol. Or make a WP test if I do. But all in all, don't.

#8 Angel of Death

Angel of Death

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:27 PM

Agreed

That why I questioning why have it?

#9 PnPgamer

PnPgamer

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:45 PM

I think dual wielders weapons are lathe bolo knives.

while single attacker could more likely use greatweapon with lathe, it would become better than an eviscerator two handed chain weapon (if I remember correctly.)

#10 Elduir Darkwing

Elduir Darkwing

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:08 AM

Because the damage on it is better than the bolo knife, which is the only other item that can compare. And, it's great for impersonating nobles, which I do a lot.

#11 Elduir Darkwing

Elduir Darkwing

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:09 AM

Great weapon can't parry. No can do.

#12 PnPgamer

PnPgamer

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:55 PM

You're an assassin, you're supposed to dodge.

#13 Elduir Darkwing

Elduir Darkwing

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:41 AM

If that were the case, as assassin wouldn't have wall of steel and counterattack.

I have an 87% chance to dodge and i have step aside, and a 92% chance to parry and I have wall of steel and counter attack.

Not to mention, an assassin with a hulking two handed axe doesn't make sense. Not flavorful. L2RP.

#14 Face Eater

Face Eater

• Members
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:41 AM

Elduir Darkwing said:

Not to mention, an assassin with a hulking two handed axe doesn't make sense. Not flavorful. L2RP.

http://www.games-wor...questid=5497528

Link to the Death cult assassins, one dual weilding, one with a two handed sword.

Up to you how you roll but it doesn't get more appropriate to source than that.

#15 Sister Callidia

Sister Callidia

• Members
  • 459 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:28 AM

The most damaging weapon would be the best quality twohanded mono sword. Preferably with some tender loving care from a priest to make it holy.Nothing wrong with 2d10 + strength damage and a pen of 2.

Another interesting weapon could be the flail (not sure if moritat are allowed to use bunt weaponry), it would do less damage but, you cannot parry it and that helps a lot when you fight powersword wielding opponents.

#16 Face Eater

Face Eater

• Members
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:44 AM

Sister Callidia said:

The most damaging weapon would be the best quality twohanded mono sword. Preferably with some tender loving care from a priest to make it holy.Nothing wrong with 2d10 + strength damage and a pen of 2.

Another interesting weapon could be the flail (not sure if moritat are allowed to use bunt weaponry), it would do less damage but, you cannot parry it and that helps a lot when you fight powersword wielding opponents.

Lathe weapons are the top banana really and a Lathe great weapon wielded by Morteriat is still one of the most dangerous.

Doubt they could use a flail. But they could use the Long Sabre from I:HB. Damage takes a hit but it's balanced.

#17 IdOfEntity

IdOfEntity

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:37 AM

Face Eater said:

Doubt they could use a flail. But they could use the Long Sabre from I:HB. Damage takes a hit but it's balanced.

It's a lovely weapon, that Long Sabre.  I'm away from my books so I can't check this:  Does it count as a primitive weapon despite that Pen 2 it possesses? 

#18 Face Eater

Face Eater

• Members
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:57 AM

IdOfEntity said:

Face Eater said:

It's a lovely weapon, that Long Sabre.  I'm away from my books so I can't check this:  Does it count as a primitive weapon despite that Pen 2 it possesses? 

I belive it is, which mean's you can mono it up to pen 4. Or the same as great weapon, obvously damage is still lower but that's what your tearing is for right?

#19 bogi_khaosa

bogi_khaosa

• Members
  • 2,064 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 09:49 AM

This is questionable. The primitive weapons in the IH do not use the same Pen system as in the core book, but all have a Pen of 0 against non-Primitive armor. In which case monoing it will bring its Pen of 0 to 2.

#20 Cymbel

Cymbel

• Members
  • 735 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:33 PM

Where has it EVER said that?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS