The Lathes Worlds

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 Braddoc

Braddoc

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:45 AM

And people were complaining aobut the lack of support for Dark Heresy? C'mon, got to have Faith y'know…

#2 Maese Mateo

Maese Mateo

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:12 AM

YESSSSS!!! =D

This book is going to be freaking awesome. All hail the Omnissiah!

#3 TorogTarkdacil812

TorogTarkdacil812

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:21 AM

Machine God exists! (now I want Puritan Handbook, Calixis Sector and Psykana sourcebooks announced) 

There is nothing as good as seeing rebel scum running out of a cave full of gas, right into the blasters of your battalion-–well, except sunrises, but for those you have to get up early.

#4 Gurkhal

Gurkhal

• Members
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:06 AM

All hail the Omnissha!

#5 Rictus

Rictus

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:13 AM

Oh yeah!

Myrmidons, Mech assassins, and a whole lot more…

Just what DH needs!

#6 Erborn

Erborn

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:24 AM

Hmmm… interesting, will they describe the True Face of the Omnissiah, the fate of his faithful disciples and the technological wonders of the Golden Age of Technology in this hallowed tome, or shall we only see the gilded mask of the Imposter and his dogmatic views? It would be great to read about blessed Moravek and his devoted follower Kelbor-Hal and to bask in the glory of Lord Dragon and his immortal dreams which made the Mechanicum in the first place.

#7 Santiago

Santiago

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:27 AM

So this book will be released august/septemper 2013, the next game line?

Kidding…finally…

#8 Psion

Psion

• Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:46 AM

Hmmm, sounds interesting.  Going to have to wait for more information before I decide whether to look into this one or not.  Might be interesting if there are things that could be applied to Rogue Trader Explorators and the like.

#9 Peacekeeper_b

Peacekeeper_b

• Members
  • 2,485 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:12 AM

I am looking forward to this. Been missing the Dark Heresy line of books. Seems like it has been forever since the last real sourcebook (has it? I cant remember if it was this year or last).

Ive lost a lot of faith in the games with Deathwatch and Bleak Crusade and hope for more old school 2009 Dark Heresy style books over the newer DW/BC style games.

WOuld rahter have Only War, but I guess I will have to wait for that as its own game as well.

#10 H.B.M.C.

H.B.M.C.

Freelance Writer/Play-Tester

• Members
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:19 AM

Hooray! Finally announced. Good.

It's been quite trying listening to all the "Dark Heresy is dead!" comments knowing that this book was in the pipeline. It was loads of fun to write. Hope you guys like it. 

All hail the Omnissiah!

BYE

Matt Eustace. Contributing Author Credits: Church of the Damned, The Lathe Worlds, The Lathe Worlds - The Lost Dataslate, Only War Core Rulebook, Hammer of the Emperor, Shield of Humanity, Tome of Fate, Tome of Blood, Tome of Excess and Tome of Decay.

The views expressed in this post are my own. I do not speak for or on behalf of Fantasy Flight Games.

#11 macd21

macd21

• Members
  • 915 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:29 AM

H.B.M.C. said:

It's been quite trying listening to all the "Dark Heresy is dead!" comments knowing that this book was in the pipeline. It was loads of fun to write. Hope you guys like it. 

When was the last real (non-adventure) supplement? Last year? The game may not be dead, but it sure ain't healthy.

#12 Black_Kestrel

Black_Kestrel

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:53 AM

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! Err…Praise the Omnisiah! I was totally stoked reading the contents blurb until I saw an adventure was included. Even worse the adventure involves the Warp, the most over-used McGuffin in official Dark Heresy adventures. That being said, I am confident the Fabricator-General and his hand-selected Artisans will have done the subject fitting tribute. Oh and please, please let there be Imperial Knights in the book.

#13 H.B.M.C.

H.B.M.C.

• Members
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:54 AM

Well it would'a been Only War then Lathe Worlds, but at some point last year Only War go transformed into its own game (don't ask me why, I am not privy to that information). So really all we're seeing is the 'gap' that would have had Only War's release, and now we're onto the next book.

And all these books contain adventures. People should really stop being so surprised by it by now. This one is quite a fun one though - certainly different to most of the one's I've read.

BYE

Matt Eustace. Contributing Author Credits: Church of the Damned, The Lathe Worlds, The Lathe Worlds - The Lost Dataslate, Only War Core Rulebook, Hammer of the Emperor, Shield of Humanity, Tome of Fate, Tome of Blood, Tome of Excess and Tome of Decay.

The views expressed in this post are my own. I do not speak for or on behalf of Fantasy Flight Games.

#14 blackwell

blackwell

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:14 PM

I wonder if chrono-gladiators similar to Krieger 'Krash' Thrax from the old inquisitor game will be a viable career option for Player Characters in this book?    

#15 Angel of Death

Angel of Death

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:23 PM

Glad to see this

Well it would'a been Only War then Lathe Worlds, but at some point last year Only War go transformed into its own game (don't ask me why, I am not privy to that information). So really all we're seeing is the 'gap' that would have had Only War's release, and now we're onto the next book.

but well after Only War, until this hit the stores I won't believe..

And I would like to say I hope the next Book is a "Scum/Assassin" Sourcebook..

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

#16 Black_Kestrel

Black_Kestrel

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:10 PM

H.B.M.C. said:

And all these books contain adventures. People should really stop being so surprised by it by now. This one is quite a fun one though - certainly different to most of the one's I've read.

BYE

I'm not surprised at all, just continually disappointed. I really don't care how fun it is, it's wasting (to me anyway) 20+ pages that could be better spent on the actual subject of the book.

#17 Dulahan

Dulahan

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:12 PM

My only complaint?  That the Mechanicum is not its own game.  :P  And this isn't even a big complaint.  As it makes a better chance Eldar are next year.  ;)

Now hopefully it has Skittaari.

#18 H.B.M.C.

H.B.M.C.

• Members
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:18 PM

While I wouldn't go so far as to call the pages "wasted", I am in the same boat in that I don't use published adventures. In fact the only ones our group have played through are The Chaos Commandment and Rising Tempest - the rest we tend to leave alone, or mine for adversary profiles. Nevertheless, it would be foolish to simply say that they shouldn't be there, because there are just as many people saying "More published adventures" as there are saying "No more published adventures!".

In fact, every time an adventure has come out we get four distinct groups of people posting:

1. The "we want more of these" crowd.
2. The "we want less of these" crowd.
3. The "these suck" crowd.
4. The "meh - don't use 'em anyway" crowd.

Some people want different things out of this game, and there isn't a lot of room in 144 pages to completely satisfy any one group. For me this book has a great balance of fluff and crunch, and an adventure for those who want to have something ready-made and directly tied to the Lathe Worlds. I might like to write all my adventures myself, but not everyone has time to do that, and that's when published adventures come in handy. You or I mightn't like them, but that doesn't make them bad.

BYE

#19 Maese Mateo

Maese Mateo

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:48 PM

Psion said:

Might be interesting if there are things that could be applied to Rogue Trader Explorators and the like.

+1

Since the main reason I want this book is for my Rogue Trader games, I fully agree.

#20 Black_Kestrel

Black_Kestrel

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:03 PM

Its not that I dislike published adventures, its the inclusion of adventures in source books I dislike. I don't mind the adventure trilogies or the 3-in1 adventure books (Purge the Unclean, The Emperor Protects etc.) and much like you I mine them for profiles and ideas.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS