• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#1 jgt7771

jgt7771

Saving the world from cosmic evil since 2006

• Members
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:45 AM

If FFG keeps to the same numbering conventions: the two Tactics cards are 79 and 80, which would make the two Leadership cards 77 and 78…and card 76 was Wrapped! from the previous expansion. So no new Hero?

Not that FFG isn't capable of a gaff now and then. Which would annoy me more: no Hero or an incorrectly numbered one?

What was that noise?

#2 Shelfwear

Shelfwear

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:09 AM

The preview says:

"Get your hands on Ring Mail (The Long Dark, 80), the Erebor Battle Master (The Long Dark, 79), and Ever My Heart Rises (The Long Dark, 82), as well as the new hero and other exciting player cards when The Long Dark arrives at retailers everywhere next week!

Keep checking our website for the on-sale announcement, as well as a spoiler of the Adventure Pack’s superb new Tactics hero!"

#3 Titan

Titan

• Members
  • 525 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:09 AM

Shelfwear said:

The preview says:

"Get your hands on Ring Mail (The Long Dark, 80), the Erebor Battle Master (The Long Dark, 79), and Ever My Heart Rises (The Long Dark, 82), as well as the new hero and other exciting player cards when The Long Dark arrives at retailers everywhere next week!

Keep checking our website for the on-sale announcement, as well as a spoiler of the Adventure Pack’s superb new Tactics hero!"

But aren't we due for a Spirit hero? Elladan just came out in the pack before last. And next week seems very early for a new pack. Well, FFG announcements have been known to make mistakes here and there……..

#4 Narsil0420

Narsil0420

• Members
  • 609 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:11 PM

Yeah it is weird to get another Tactics hero but oh well!

I'm glad to see they're compressing the releases. It's not a mistake. I think this is another sign that we're going to see 4 packs in 3 months. I think Shadow and Flame will be out at the end of June.

#5 Sprenger

Sprenger

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:56 AM

It seems like they want to put two APs out back to back weeks at the end of one month and the beginning of another however then we have to wait for about two months for the next one.

As for the hero, I have been waiting for a new Spirit hero and this is pretty disappointing. As the Spirit player in the group I have been hurting for new heroes to use for sometime. I really want to get away using Ewoyn (Yeah I know she is amazing but I wish I could use somebody new). I recently started using Glorfindel instead of her, which has work out rather well.

As for the new Tactics hero I wouldn't be suprised to see a Hobbit character or another Dwarf.

Light Side: 4 X-Wings, 3 Y-Wings, 2 A-Wings, 2 Hwks, 1 Falcon & 1 B-Wing

Dark Side: 6 Fighters, 2 Advanced, 2 Interceptors, 2 Fire Sprays, 2 Bombers, 1 Shuttle

#6 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,810 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:55 AM

sam will be spirit - he must be

merry  pippin -one of them could be tactic- both joined the military in RTK - but im thinking pippin of the tower guard will be tactics …..perhaps pip and merry will have a ellandan and elrohir thing going on?

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#7 The_Fallen_Arises

The_Fallen_Arises

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:16 AM

From what I hear on the forums, Spirit already gets a lot of love, and Tactics is often described as the ''meh'' sphere. Personally, I'm glad to see another Tactics Hero, because I love this sphere and think it deserves the attention.

#8 Sprenger

Sprenger

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:12 AM

It is hard to imagine a sphere with  Legolas, Boromir and  Gimli to be considered the meh sphere.

If any of the sphere should be consider "meh" it should be Lore. Beside the card draw Chick and Denethor, it doesn't have much going for it. All of other Lore heroes are extremely restricted. (Limit once per game, once per round,  and Bilbo's rotating card draw.)

I agree that Tactics was pretty boring to play when it first came out but now with all the Eagles, Elfs, and awesome attachments it has become one of the more enjoyable spheres to play. I mean who doesn't like killing stuff.

It just grinds my gears that I waited for a spirit hero to come out in the third or fourth AP based on how they have put heroes out so far just to see them get skipped. I will still get the pack because I enjoy the game and want to support the game. Just feel cheated thats all.

Light Side: 4 X-Wings, 3 Y-Wings, 2 A-Wings, 2 Hwks, 1 Falcon & 1 B-Wing

Dark Side: 6 Fighters, 2 Advanced, 2 Interceptors, 2 Fire Sprays, 2 Bombers, 1 Shuttle

#9 Shiv@n

Shiv@n

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:17 AM

I would like to see a gondorian Hero or a Rohan one.

Maybe Eomer ?

#10 Boris_the_Dwarf

Boris_the_Dwarf

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:05 AM

#11 Cotillion37

Cotillion37

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:57 PM

I think we're probably going to end up getting another dwarf hero. Just a gut feeling I have, though it would be awesome if it was another elf.

#12 SiCK_Boy

SiCK_Boy

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:04 AM

Aren't we supposed to have Gwaihir as a Tactics hero soon? I seem to remember the image was previewed on an Artist's blog or something.

I'll bet he's the next hero.

#13 Bohemond

Bohemond

• Members
  • 566 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:33 AM

http://jakemurray.de...agles-273664009

There is the link for anyone who wants to see the art.

#14 Drengi

Drengi

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:11 AM

Another good piece of art for a card!

I would love to have Gwahir as a Hero…… Perhaps he could solve the tactics low Willpower problem!

#15 Cotillion37

Cotillion37

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:35 AM

That art…holy. Time to make an eagles deck…

#16 cordeirooo

cordeirooo

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:57 AM

Even though he has made few arts  for L5R, he is easily one of the top8 Artists from AEG in my opinion.
I like his art so much, I even use Rin as my browser speed-dial background!

Zwerg - a brilliant BGG user - recently created a LEGO model of Henneth Annun (hidden Outpost) and uploaded it to LEGO CUUSOO. Simply click on the link below the picture, register with CUUSOO (it's free of charge, and LEGO does not send spam). Then click on the green SUPPORT button.

http://lego.cuusoo.c...deas/view/45646

Zwerg is the guy who made those nice reports with LEGO pieces.

#17 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

The Uncanny One

• Members
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:51 AM

That is AMAZING! I love that art! I want to say so much more but I'm speechless.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#18 lleimmoen

lleimmoen

• Members
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:34 AM

I remember back in the days of the Mirkwood cycle, they used to spoil some heroes well ahead of their release (Imrahil, Boromir). Wonder why the trend has ceased.

#19 Titan

Titan

• Members
  • 525 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:01 AM

Bohemond said:

http://jakemurray.de...agles-273664009

There is the link for anyone who wants to see the art.

Never seen that one before. Thanks!

#20 Beano

Beano

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:51 PM

Sprenger said:

It is hard to imagine a sphere with  Legolas, Boromir and  Gimli to be considered the meh sphere.

If any of the sphere should be consider "meh" it should be Lore. Beside the card draw Chick and Denethor, it doesn't have much going for it. All of other Lore heroes are extremely restricted. (Limit once per game, once per round,  and Bilbo's rotating card draw.)

I agree that Tactics was pretty boring to play when it first came out but now with all the Eagles, Elfs, and awesome attachments it has become one of the more enjoyable spheres to play. I mean who doesn't like killing stuff.

It just grinds my gears that I waited for a spirit hero to come out in the third or fourth AP based on how they have put heroes out so far just to see them get skipped. I will still get the pack because I enjoy the game and want to support the game. Just feel cheated thats all.

Tactics is weak in many/most areas (other than fighting). But it has plenty of good heroes - arguably the deepest line up in the game.  I tend to agree that Spirit has the greatest need of another hero, particularly one that quests at least 2! (oddly enough, Spirit has the fewest heroes that quest at 2 or more which is pretty crappy for the sphere I turn to partially for questing ability). Although, if the Tactics hero quests at 2 or more and has under 10 threat, then I'll be happy!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS