I'm getting ready to place my pre-order and with the limited information out there today I'm tying to decide…
Does it make sense to buy more than one starter?
Assumptions supporting buying more than one:
1) More than one set of dice is needed or will at least help speed up play.
2) More than one set of turn / move markers will speed up play.
3) Adding ships to your squadron is a little cheaper if you buy starters instead of the expansions for X-wings and TIEs.
4) Buying one X-Wing ship expansion gets you the rest of the pilots you could use for X-Wings.
Assumptions supporting NOT buying more than one starter:
1) The starter only includes a basic set of cards to enhance your ships (proton torpedoes for example).
2) More advanced ship enhancements (R2 units for example) are only available in the expansions and you only get one of those per expansion.
3) Dice packs are available.
4) The sculpts or paint jobs in the expansion packs are different than the starter. For example, an X-wing that looks like it banking left or right on it's base.
What else could be added to these assumptions? I know the FFG is nearly absent on the forums but if this game is coming in time for GENCON can we get some more specific product details and a set of rules?