Photo

Talisman: The Highland reprint 19/4/2012 - What does this mean?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Demarki

Demarki

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:32 AM

I was checking the upcoming board games and I saw this, any idea what it means?

Talisman: The Highland
4/19/2012

This is a reprint! April 2012

Does it have to do with the quality of the Highland expansion, since it was the only expansion which cards were of lesser quality, all of them washed out and faded colors compared to all other expansions. I originally wanted to give FFG a call and ask the reason behind the bad print quality of this expansion since there is a big difference in color and brightness compared to other expansions, but I didn't contact them after all.

Any reason why the printed cards were of such low quality and does this reprint fix this issue?

#2 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,921 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:50 AM

I imagine the reprint is just that, a reprint. On the product page it says "available soon" for this expansion, so it seems they merely ran out and have printed some more.

Perhaps you should have got in touch with FFG in the first instance and aired your concerns?

Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

#3 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:10 AM

I have not the feeling, that the cards from the Highland expansion has less quality than others.

Only the board could be damaged, and my board was replaced long ago

#4 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 929 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:37 AM

This catches my interest. I haven't bought the Highland yet… should I be waiting, and trying to find one of these reprints? Has everybody had issues with the cards/board?

#5 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:22 AM

I. J. Thompson said:

This catches my interest. I haven't bought the Highland yet… should I be waiting, and trying to find one of these reprints? Has everybody had issues with the cards/board?

I think that a reprint will not make much difference.

I was just unlucky that i receive a damaged board.

There are other people who have no problems with their Highland board.

But FFG is kindly enough to replace your board if it is damaged.

#6 SolennelBern

SolennelBern

• Members
  • 944 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:03 AM

Bought The Highland last year when I got into Talisman and everything was fine in the box.

Nothing to worry about.  If you can find a copy right now and you're ready to get it, buy it and enjoy!

When I play Talisman, mostly 2-player games, we ofther alternate between Dungeon and Highland in our games.  Rarely both at the same time though and for our past games, Highland was on the table more often.

Great expansion!

#7 talismanamsilat

talismanamsilat

Talisman Veteran

• Members
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:49 AM

All 3 copies of my Highland Expansion are excellent print quality (I have 3 complete sets for tournament/expo play).

Ell.

#8 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 929 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:46 AM

Ah, that's good news. Thanks for chiming in, guys!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS