Dallas / Fort Worth Dust Players

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 facie

facie

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:00 AM

If you're a DFW Dust player, please drop a post.  We're trying to coordinate a local play group and link in with one of several possible stores (based on player locations). 

#2 Knightdrake

Knightdrake

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:35 PM

I play at Madness Comics in Plano and Gunslinger Games in Dallas.

#3 CrayolaSmoker

CrayolaSmoker

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:32 AM

Live in Allen and have been seriously contemplating getting into Dust now that Warfare is released. Don't have the figures, so I don't technically "play" anywhere, but Madness is the closest Dust-friendly retailer I frequent. Not opposed to driving further to get a game in, (or finally see the game in action before committing) though.

#4 Knightdrake

Knightdrake

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:32 AM

If you want a demo, I have the models and can meet at Madness.

#5 facie

facie

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:13 AM

I've not been there since they moved.  Is there decent gaming space available there now?

#6 Knightdrake

Knightdrake

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:19 AM

They have two store areas available, the space to the right of the video game store is gaming area. Tables are available and is open gaming so several 4x6 to choose from.

#7 TakeshiKovacs

TakeshiKovacs

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:51 PM

I'll have my Dust Warfare rule book tomorrow and my miniatures by the middle of next week. I'm interested in playing (Axis) as long as you guys aren't enforcing a painted minis only rule. I do paint but I have my hands full with another minis project. I don't have a problem putting unpainted DW minis on the table. I can play at Madness, haven't been to Gunslinger but I could make it out there. Texas Toy Soldier is another option, I'm sure the owner would have no problem with us playing there. He's not carrying DW stuff yet but does do special orders and sells everything at around 10% off MSRP. Madness is not a problem for me though.

#8 Knightdrake

Knightdrake

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:06 AM

No painting requirement at Madness or Gunslinger. Just some good ole fun casual gaming

#9 mrfantastical

mrfantastical

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:49 AM

I have a friend who has the dust tactics starter box, and I'm thinking about jumping into the game. Neither of us know how to play, but would like to play through a Warfare game.

Both of us play at Madness every Friday Night, in their gaming store (Mainly WarmaHordes,& Warhammer Fantasy ).

#10 [So]Rice

[So]Rice

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:25 AM

Hello,

How regularly do you guys play Dust? Is it once a week? I maybe be able to make something when school lets out. I have a lot of painted models you guys could borrow to do demos with (pictures: www.belloflostsouls.net/2012/05/dust-short-history.html)

Also I may need someone to teach me Warfare so I can put up the next article for BoLS, I have the book, but haven't been able to read through it.

#11 TakeshiKovacs

TakeshiKovacs

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:46 AM

Knightdrake said:

No painting requirement at Madness or Gunslinger. Just some good ole fun casual gaming

Cool I can get to playing right away. I've played games at Madness before, decent gaming space. I might go look at Gunslinger today and see if they have DW minis after I pick up my rules from TTS.

#12 mrfantastical

mrfantastical

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:39 AM

I think that's the issue. Everyone on the post is interested, few have models, however no one know's how to play.

Madness seems to be central to all. Would anyone want to stumble through a small game on a Friday Night?

#13 Knightdrake

Knightdrake

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:36 AM

I have a couple games down with Warfare, still working out the kinks. I may be available on a Friday for a learning game, just let me know. Have both sides for those that need models. Gunslinger to my last visit only had a revised core set, Madness is the mother lode. I know the owner at Gunslinger and they will order whatever you need.

#14 TakeshiKovacs

TakeshiKovacs

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:10 AM

I'm out for Friday night but will be able to play next week. Gunslinger is closer to where I live but I can make the drive to Plano if need be.

I'm checking out the rules right now, looking pretty good. Easy and good. I'll be ordering the minis for a Schwer plt. to start out with.

#15 Knightdrake

Knightdrake

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:17 AM

I can demo at Gunslinger if interested on sat as it is close by the house. 

#16 TakeshiKovacs

TakeshiKovacs

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:58 PM

Knightdrake said:

I can demo at Gunslinger if interested on sat as it is close by the house. 

I would like to take you up on that demo. What time is good for you? I could be there at around1:00 at the earliest.

#17 Knightdrake

Knightdrake

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:22 PM

1pm works fine for me, see you there.

#18 TakeshiKovacs

TakeshiKovacs

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:22 PM

See you then.

#19 Knightdrake

Knightdrake

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:11 AM

Here is a link for a local game forum I use to discuss various games and events. Invite y'all to check it out and we can have an ongoing Dust thread to talk shop. 

http://s7.zetaboards.com/Texas_Warmachine/index/

#20 CrayolaSmoker

CrayolaSmoker

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:08 PM

Not to crash your party, but if I can squeeze away from the wife and grots during nap time do you guys mind if I swing by and observe for a bit tomorrow?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS