Photo

User pictures of prepainted Premium models?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 no_to_co

no_to_co

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:42 AM

Hello,

Are there any user pictures of the prepainted premium models? I am trying to figure out if it is worth paying the extra $30 per squad (over the discount price of the unpaintd ones.)   Seems a little steep.  Or is it more economical to get them painted by a service? I have a huge 40K paint back-log so if I am going to get into Dust Tactics/Warfare I was thinking of going the pre-painted route. 

#2 Loophole Master

Loophole Master

• Members
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:52 AM

Some of them are gobsmacking beautiful (Corps Officers come to mind), while other are nothing to write home about (Red Devils, for example), but still do the job. If you have the money to spare and don't like to paint, I'd go for it.

#3 blkdymnd

blkdymnd

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:42 AM

I get the vehicles, because I completely hate painting vehicles.  I got the Mickey bundle recently and love them…

#4 no_to_co

no_to_co

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:11 AM

blkdymnd said:

I get the vehicles, because I completely hate painting vehicles.  I got the Mickey bundle recently and love them…

These look very nice.  It looks like they have weathering on them.  I like them better than what I saw from the painted vehicles from the core premium set where they only have a white haze camo.

#5 wildger

wildger

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:09 AM

For the walkers, buy premium unless you cannot afford it. Even a Pro cannot do that well and you definitely need a spray gun. For the heroes, you may do better if you have the skills.

#6 Ulrike Meinhof

Ulrike Meinhof

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:44 AM

If you think looks are important while you play and you lack the skills and the time then I'd recommend the premium. I only buy the premium ones myself for those reasons alone. I agree the pricing is steep but I know I wouldn't have done better myself. Once you have them you seldom regret it, and only pieces I am not overly happy with are the ones that are very mono-coloured due to how they choose to design the uniforms.

Here are some pics I took of my Premium hammers and Otto:

http://boardgamegeek.com/image/1191832/dust-tactics

http://boardgamegeek.com/image/1191229/dust-tactics

#7 [So]Rice

[So]Rice

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:22 AM

Here is one of the infantry, the prepaints are pretty good, the vehicles are REALLY well done, the infantry are okay.

#8 Ulrike Meinhof

Ulrike Meinhof

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:41 AM

I don't follow: Which one do you claim is pre-painted premium? The left or the right?

(Footnote for all others: The right uses customized basing that looks great, although it's not what comes with the premium)

#9 [So]Rice

[So]Rice

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:00 AM

Sorry, left is prepainted (note that I switched the bases for the customer), the right is one I painted.

#10 reptilebro1

reptilebro1

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:44 AM

If you are looking for a BBQ squad in Premium edition, FRP games (online retailer) is clearencing theres out at 28.00 which is 12.00 off of standard price.

#11 Kriegschatten

Kriegschatten

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:16 PM

reptilebro1 said:

If you are looking for a BBQ squad in Premium edition, FRP games (online retailer) is clearencing theres out at 28.00 which is 12.00 off of standard price.

Wow, thanks for the heads up!

FRP games still has these in stock.  I ordered one today, and it cost me $28 including shipping.

Considering how expensive the premium units are, it's nice to finally get a deal on one!

#12 mgentile7

mgentile7

• Members
  • 723 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:32 AM

Buy unpainted then you can customize!!!

#13 Londoncopper

Londoncopper

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:24 PM

I love the Cromwell turret, is it a Tamiya one?

#14 mgentile7

mgentile7

• Members
  • 723 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:56 AM

Londoncopper said:

I love the Cromwell turret, is it a Tamiya one?

Yes it is tamiya, the field gun though is from quarter-kit.com

#15 Londoncopper

Londoncopper

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:38 AM

Thanks, I am a big fan of your painting/modelling so please keep it coming.

#16 mgentile7

mgentile7

• Members
  • 723 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:06 PM

Londoncopper said:

Thanks, I am a big fan of your painting/modelling so please keep it coming.

Thanks LC I really appreciate that. Im working on a sewer board and have some more pics to take of it and post. Its under Rat War on the painting section of the forum.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS