Map Based Campaign Building

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Tequila Sousa

Tequila Sousa

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:02 AM

So at my local game store we're getting comfortable with the game and we might try a camaign. usually when we do campaignsd they are month long and we show up on the night in question and we have a match, may be 2. im thinking since there are a few people who really like the planetary empires system for 40K campaigns, it would be nice if we could do something like that for Dust Warfare. i have the Dust gameboard so we could use that for a map but im looking for tips on how to set it up. chances are we are looking at probably 4 people right now but that will probably grow soon.

#2 Tequila Sousa

Tequila Sousa

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:08 AM

an idea of mine in another thread was at the end of the game, the winner can nominate a unit to receive an award. they would roll a D6 and the unit would receive the award

Tell me what you think

Allies
1.Medal of Honor – Unit gains Badass. If the unit already has the Badass special ability, they lose an additional suppression token during the End Phase.
2.Silver Star – Unit gains Berserk. If the unit already has the Berserk special ability, they gain one additional use of Berserk per game.
3.Bronze Star Medal – Unit gains All In One. If the unit already has the All In One special ability, they gain one additional use of All In One per game.
 4.Purple Heart – Unit gains Damage Resilient. If the unit already has the Damage Resilient special ability, they gain an additional die when making armor rolls.
5.Distinguished Service Cross (DSC) – Unit gains Charge. If the unit already has the Charge special ability, they gain Fast instead. Note that Charge and Fast can work together if you are charging into an enemy unit.
6.Distinguished Flying Cross – Unit gains Reserve as if they were paratroopers. If the unit already has Reserve special ability, they no longer need to do a force march to arrive on the battlefield but a move action only. This means they still have one action left after they arrive on the table.

Axis
1.Grand Cross of the Iron Cross – Unit gains Badass. If the unit already has the Badass special ability, they lose an additional suppression token during the End Phase.
2.Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross – Unit gains Berserk. If the unit already has the Berserk special ability, they gain one additional use of Berserk per game.
3.Iron Cross, 1st Order – Unit gains All In One. If the unit already has the All In One special ability, they gain one additional use of All In One per game.
4.Iron Cross, 2nd Order – Unit gains Damage Resilient. If the unit already has the Damage Resilient special ability, they gain an additional die when making armor rolls.
5.German Cross, Gold – Unit gains Charge. If the unit already has the Charge special ability, they gain Fast instead. Note that Charge and Fast can work together if you are charging into an enemy unit.
6.German Cross, Silver – Unit gains Reserve as if they were paratroopers. If the unit already has Reserve special ability, they no longer need to do a force march to arrive on the battlefield but a move action only. This means they still have one action left after they arrive on the table.

Sino Soviet
1.Hero of the Soviet Union – Unit gains Badass. If the unit already has the Badass special ability, they lose an additional suppression token during the End Phase.
2.Order of Victory – Unit gains Berserk. If the unit already has the Berserk special ability, they gain one additional use of Berserk per game.
3.Order of the Red Banner – Unit gains All In One. If the unit already has the All In One special ability, they gain one additional use of All In One per game.
4.Order of Suvorov – Unit gains Damage Resilient. If the unit already has the Damage Resilient special ability, they gain an additional die when making armor rolls.
5.Order of Glory – Unit gains Charge. If the unit already has the Charge special ability, they gain Fast instead. Note that Charge and Fast can work together if you are charging into an enemy unit.
6.Order of the Red Star – Unit gains Reserve as if they were paratroopers. If the unit already has Reserve special ability, they no longer need to do a force march to arrive on the battlefield but a move action only. This means they still have one action left after they arrive on the table.

#3 Dakkon426

Dakkon426

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:18 AM

i would randomly seed the map with a few hi value locations like vk mines and fotress type areas and give some sort of bonus when defending/controling other then that i would say just play battles for control loser r has to retrea or get ousted. 

suggestions

Fortress - +50 ap for defensive structures

Vk mine - gives 1 +15 ap item a turn redeme to increase your army size by 15 points.

#4 Tequila Sousa

Tequila Sousa

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:36 AM

well thats fine and dandy but i dont think that may be the easist way to do it. i was thinking of something a little simpler where you would have certain things on certain spots on the map, may be some of them will give access to other faction platoon upgrades or something or fortifications when playing. i rather not go into adding more points to an army itself because then its hard to keep the game balance.

#5 Gobbo

Gobbo

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:05 PM

I would avoid the use of "Medal of Honor", as that is a special ability used by "Priest".

well thats fine and dandy but i dont think that may be the easist way to do it. i was thinking of something a little simpler where you would have certain things on certain spots on the map, may be some of them will give access to other faction platoon upgrades or something or fortifications when playing. i rather not go into adding more points to an army itself because then its hard to keep the game balance.

Yeah and this game has, so far, been really tight and close victories all around.  If you give someone extra points it makes them tough.  Have you looked at maybe doing an "XCAM" style campaign?  javascript:void(0);/*1336187402676*/

#6 Tequila Sousa

Tequila Sousa

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:14 AM

no i havent, i'll take a look and see if it produces anything interesting

#7 theguildllc

theguildllc

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:10 AM

http://at43-confront...dustleague.html  we're doing a map based Zverograd world wide campaign too, isnt ready yet but keep an eye out.

#8 Tequila Sousa

Tequila Sousa

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:59 AM

for sure, keep me updated and i'll try to keep an eye on it

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS