Righteous Fury

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lynch Pin

Lynch Pin

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:40 PM

A few questions in regards to righteous fury..

Is there any other GM's who give there main named villians the "bad guy" equivalent of righteous fury.

Bio-Lightning was mentioned in a previous thread that it is an auto hit attack, no dodge applicable. Does Righteous Fury apply to 10's rolled on dice? because if bio-lightning is an auto hit, what do you roll, to confirm the righteous fury?

Does righteous fury apply to all attacks the PC's make?? e.g (Guns, Blades, Melee, Grenades, Hand-2-Hand, Makeshift and Psychic Powers)

Look forward to the reply's  As i am trying to better my skill to make it a real fun event for my player characters.

#2 Darth Smeg

Darth Smeg

Lord Nitpicker

• Members
  • 1,628 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:52 PM

The Errata for Deathwatch has the following to say:

Psychic Powers and Righteous Fury (page 186): add the
following section to the Psychic Powers in Deathwatch section
preceding the Perils of the Warp (page 186): “Psychic Powers that
deal damage can benefit from Righteous Fury (see page 245). When a
chance for Righteous Fury occurs, the attacker re-rolls the Focus Power
Test using the same modifiers and power level as the original Focus Power
Test to use a psychic ability. If the original test was an Opposed Willpower
Test, the defender re-rolls Willpower using the same modifiers as the
original Opposed Willpower Test. The roll to confirm Righteous Fury
does not generate Psychic Phenomena or Perils of the Warp.”

Bear in mind that the Psy rules in DW are a little different in that you roll WP tests instead of a bunch of d10s. Ross also answered a specific question about this:

Q.) Does Righteous Fury work with Psychic Powers? In the righteous fury rules on 245, it seems to indicate that it only happens due to weapon damage. However some powers (Avenger and Smite mainly) function like ranged weapons. Does Righteous Fury work with all Psychic powers, none, or only
ones like the 2 I mentioned here?

A.) Psychic Powers can score Righteous Fury (assuming that they are being used by a PC or an NPC with the Touched by the Fates Trait).

If you're not happy with DW rulings for your DH game, you'll have to settle with house rules I'm afraid. I'm not aware of any official ruling here.

Tarald - The Dark Lord of Smeg

My House Rules for using Only War (and more) for Dark Heresy games

#3 Denmar1701

Denmar1701

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:56 AM

Lynch Pin said:

A few questions in regards to righteous fury..

Is there any other GM's who give there main named villians the "bad guy" equivalent of righteous fury.

Bio-Lightning was mentioned in a previous thread that it is an auto hit attack, no dodge applicable. Does Righteous Fury apply to 10's rolled on dice? because if bio-lightning is an auto hit, what do you roll, to confirm the righteous fury?

Does righteous fury apply to all attacks the PC's make?? e.g (Guns, Blades, Melee, Grenades, Hand-2-Hand, Makeshift and Psychic Powers)

Look forward to the reply's  As i am trying to better my skill to make it a real fun event for my player characters.

As a rule, no I don't give the bad guys the chance to get righteous fury. However, there can be exceptions. There is a talent introduced in later products of the game called 'Touched by Fates'. This allows for NPCs to get a number of FPs equal to their WP bonus halved, round up. The reason that this is important is that when a character has FPs, then he can have righteous fury. The PCs have FPs at the start of their careers, and NPCs may have it, but should be reserved for powerful NPCs, bosses, etc.. The side effect of this rule is any character that has managed to burn all their FPs, is that they can no longer fury.

There has not been a 'published' change regarding the existing rules on righteous fury on Psyker attacks for DH.

As far the house rules that I have seen, it generally comes down to if the Psyker gets an auto hit from the ability, then the attack cannot fury. But if he has to make a roll either a WP or BS roll to hit his target, then he can fury.

Righteous fury applies to all attacks, even a Flamer. There are rules for handling RF on Flame attacks, but I can't remember them off the top of my head. If someone knows where the rule is and can help out…

"It's what we do... we live, fight or die, at the God-Emperor's graces"

... Inquisitor Mardenicvs Aneas Rexvs, shortly before his death.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS