Reactions to a move action

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Farvo702

Farvo702

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:45 AM

This came up in our last game and it caused some confusion. I wanted to ask if reactions occur during a single move or before and after a march.

For example, my friend was playing with zombies and apes. The apes dipped out of cover and ran toward a tank back into cover. In order for this to happen he used a march action. could I then interrupt him after the first move, so he moves 6'' out of cover, I shoot, and he moves the next 6'' or do I not have an opportunity to react?

Also if this unit was fast could i react to extra move from fast?

If someone knows that would be helpful.

#2 CSMason26

CSMason26

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:16 AM

Well their one move is 6"+6" and then they have a second move action they can do after that. The way I'm reading the rules for you to be able to react to them they have to, in the case of the gorillas, begin or end their movement phase within 12" of you. It says nothing about cover so if they move behind cover you can still attack them they will just get their cover save of course. This is regardless of whether they've done a march, run, whatever you want to call it. If they end a movement or start a movement within 12" you can react via shooting or moving. 

#3 felkor

felkor

• Members
  • 998 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:19 AM

You can only react at start of movement and at end of movement.  So if unit starts futher than 12" away and ends further than 12" away, you can't react.  If he starts out of LOS and ends out of LOS, then you won't be able to shoot at him.

If it's a Marched Move action, that's still considered one move action, so you won't be able to shoot at him in the middle of the movement.

#4 Farvo702

Farvo702

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:42 AM

That sounds fair. So the march doesn't count as 2 seperate move action just a long action. Ohhh man I'm gonna abuse the hell out of that!

#5 felkor

felkor

• Members
  • 998 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:46 AM

Farvo702 said:

That sounds fair. So the march doesn't count as 2 seperate move action just a long action. Ohhh man I'm gonna abuse the hell out of that!

Yeah - the one restriction that gives to the mover is that for vehicles, you can't adjust facing partway through your move.

#6 deedob

deedob

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:31 AM

felkor said:

Farvo702 said:

Yeah - the one restriction that gives to the mover is that for vehicles, you can't adjust facing partway through your move.

It would become way overcomplicated for little gains if you could interupt in mid-move of a forced march.

With a forced march, you can cross difficult terrain as if it wasn't there (as per the rulebook example). If you could interupt mid-move, it would mean an awful mess of figuring out where the unit actually is in terrain where you can't actually put the minis over…

#7 simpatikool

simpatikool

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:54 AM

One of the rules about BlutKreuz APES is that they reduce the cover they are in by one category. I guess this is to make up for the fact that they are resistant to Suppression. They treat soft cover like no cover and hard cover like soft cover.

#8 felkor

felkor

• Members
  • 998 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:00 AM

simpatikool said:

One of the rules about BlutKreuz APES is that they reduce the cover they are in by one category. I guess this is to make up for the fact that they are resistant to Suppression. They treat soft cover like no cover and hard cover like soft cover.

I thought that was just zombies, not apes.

#9 mariettabrit

mariettabrit

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:12 AM

felkor said:

simpatikool said:

I thought that was just zombies, not apes.

correct, it's only Blutkreuz zombie that reduces cover

#10 simpatikool

simpatikool

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:37 AM

Agree. The Apes get the cover saves with Blutkreuz Apes. The Zombies reduce one "step" as it were. Stupid abilities with Blutkreuz in the title!

:-)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS