CSMason26 Painting Thread

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 CSMason26

CSMason26

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:19 AM

So I'm going to post this here and maybe, inevitably it will move when they make a subforum. Anyways… Here are this weeks WIP's. None of them are complete. 

http://gamingasweknowit.blogspot.com/2012/05/dust-warfare-painting-log-1.html

#2 Dakkon426

Dakkon426

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:30 AM

try using a backboard to take pics, and more light. the pics will come out much better.

#3 CSMason26

CSMason26

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:55 AM

Dakkon426 said:

try using a backboard to take pics, and more light. the pics will come out much better.

That's all the light I've got. Lol. That was actually under two lamps. 

#4 Dakkon426

Dakkon426

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:05 AM

try lighting them from more towards the front then you might just have the model in its own shadow.

#5 Keerplunk

Keerplunk

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:46 AM

I posted in your comments Check it out! you have a great start so keep at it!

#6 HuronBH

HuronBH

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:05 AM

What you need is a light box.  A simple light box can be made with a regular old card board box with 4 walls and a bottom, some white paper, tape, and 2 desk lamps.  

1st, using the white paper and tape line in interior of the box.  What you are doing is creating a surface that will reflect the light and cause it to bounce around inside the box.  When taking photos position the box so that the front facing open and you have 2 side walls, a floor, ceiling, and back wall.  Now position the lamps on either side of the box and aim the lamp at the right of the box at the left upper edge of the ceiling.  Do the same on the other side.  This will create ambient light that will remove shadow while not having any direct light aimed at the model which can mask detail.

Here is a pic of my light box that I made myself.

And of it lit up.

Hope this helps.

-jay

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS