Matching base colors?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Grim6

Grim6

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:19 AM

I am looking at starting to paint my guys - if only so that I can more easily tell a recon squad apart from a battle squad!

Does anyone know what color / brands might best match the base colors of the figs, so that when I inevitable paint over something, I can easily touch it up?  My intent is to make this a simple paint project - just a few small colored areas, faces, weapons, etc, but mostly keep the existing color, and touch up with ink and dry brush.

I just am well aware of my tendency to overpaint small details, and want to be able to fix it.

Thanks.

#2 mariettabrit

mariettabrit

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:02 AM

There's a vajello grey/green that's dead on… I will get the number when I get home tonight

#3 felkor

felkor

• Members
  • 998 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:25 AM

GW Catachan Green is a pretty good match and has worked fine for me.  No idea if the corresponding paint from their new line matches just as well.

#4 CSMason26

CSMason26

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:48 AM

Adeptus Battlegrey is the one I've been using to touch up the bases, it's almost spot on. 

#5 zuggzugg

zuggzugg

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:59 AM

Cayman green is the vallejo game color. #67

#6 Grim6

Grim6

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:45 AM

Finally got to the store and picked up Adeptus Battlegrey (now Mechanicus Standard Grey), and it has been great.  I also picked up Castellan Green, which replaced Catachan green.  The Mechanicus Standard Grey works great, and seems like a perfect match.  I can't spot any difference.  Haven't tried the green yet, since I've been working on Axis.

Thanks for the help!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS