• 185 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:51 AM

Finally some video!

#2 DoomOnYou72

DoomOnYou72

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:35 PM

Pretty good review that is positive. Unfortunantly like many of the other initial reveiws they got a few things wrong. As far as the general overveiws go it is the most comprehensive so far. 

#3 HuronBH

HuronBH

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:55 AM

As doom said it is a decent video and does look through the book and talk about the phases.

Unfortunately the video seems to have been winged with little prep and is full of miss information and just plain wrong interpretations of rules.  This is a reoccuring problem I have with Beasts of War and it is what lead me to cancel my subscription to their Back Stage membership program.  Their explanation of the Order and Activation phases were very vague and not the well explained, Darrell kept referring to the the end of turn phase as the end of the game, they got how cover saves work wrong, and quite a bit more which is unfortunate as they are one of the more visible game reviewers in the industry right now.

I would not recommend this vid as a good intro to Warfare for someone that has no idea how the game works.

-jay

#4 Sami K

Sami K

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:56 AM

So, let me get this straight; the leading video review site routinely gets the rules wrong?

Do they have dazzling personalities or what makes them the industry leader here?

Sounds like there's a lot of elbow room for sites like this, then.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS