• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Pedro Lunaris

Pedro Lunaris

• Members
  • 466 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:17 AM

Hi people!

I'm experimenting with the idea of creating a video serie, or rather, a Youtube Channel, about Warhammer Fantasy RPG. I've made one to start and see how it goes. As I'm trying the whole thing, I thought about starting with a simple subject, one that I'm immersed with since I'm doing it right now: plastifying my career cards. So it's a "how to do" video.

Everything is new to me: filming, editing and speaking english to more than a few english speakers. :] So I'm experimenting with the format, as I'm planning to mix a lot of images and soundtracks in forthcoming videos as well. I already know that I can't record the first time, just to get some basic text to do it with more variation of words the second time. :P And not to record when I'm with a flu, Nurgle damn me!

For the next I'm planning about discussing travel as a possible source of excitment as part of an adventure. I'll share some thoughts I had when travelling by bicycle, probably a closer way to travel as to what our characters do.

Here's the link: . Hope you enjoy!

#2 Gitzman

Gitzman

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:39 AM

Pedro,

Excellent, very excited about this.  Let me know if you want or need any help.  We'd be happy to help promote them via Reckless Dice if you like.

Gitzman

#3 Pedro Lunaris

Pedro Lunaris

• Members
  • 466 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:51 AM

Gitzman said:

Pedro,

Excellent, very excited about this.  Let me know if you want or need any help.  We'd be happy to help promote them via Reckless Dice if you like.

Gitzman

That would be great, Gitz! I think it will be better after I add the second video. I'll probably be adding one every month, but I'll try and make the second sooner to start with a good pace and some more content.

This was just to break the ice. My personal ice, to start with. :]

Thank you very much!

#4 Ceodryn

Ceodryn

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:04 PM

Hey Pedro,

Very cool idea, and informative video. I had plastified character sheets by going to Fedex Kinko and using their machine (so that my players could use wet erase markers on them) but I didn't know this kind of plastic paper existed to do it yourself. I'll have to do that with my career cards once I start playing with a local group again.

Video and sound quality was great, no problem at all to understand you, and I am not a native english speaker either, so go ahead and make more!

Cheers
Ceodryn

#5 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:06 PM

I ended up just hacking some career-sheet-sized album sheets into the right size and then placing them on the table tents in front of the players.

jh

#6 nephtys

nephtys

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:45 PM

nice video!

i always do that with the cards i make myself with strange eons as i don't have paper that thick so they would not be messed up after 2 sessions!

#7 cd8dman

cd8dman

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:27 PM

Very nice indeed.  Now, to find some of that contact paper.

#8 nephtys

nephtys

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:38 PM

where do you live?

in german speaking regions it's called selbstklebefolie…

#9 Pedro Lunaris

Pedro Lunaris

• Members
  • 466 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:54 AM

Ha, I'm thinking the video will turn to be really just an experiment in doing videos if no one can find something that goes for contact paper… :}

Thanks for the replies, guys!

Nepthys, I'll do it with the printed cards from Liber Fanatica! I'll print in different pages, glue them together and see if I can plastify them.

#10 nephtys

nephtys

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:56 AM

no, keep doing those videos! the contact paper is availabe in any shop that sells buero-articles, i know that!

and yes, plastification is a thing that always bothered me too. i was thinking about buying one of those machines to do it, they are not that high-priced and there would be no more need for the contact paper.

i got a really good printer but i never found a way to make my cards as durable as those you can buy, once they get wet they are pretty much done with…

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS