Photo

New Battle Pack Preview! - Shield of the Gods!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Kaine82

Kaine82

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:00 AM

This combined with the Heroic Task from Rising Dawn is going to make a Legend based deck much more viable!

Also, I plan to post the top 4 Louisville Regional Deck List as soon as I get them back from the shop owner(Moody).

Play LCGs in Louisville KY :: Monthly tournaments at 2 locations!

Wednesdays :: Something2Do :: 6:30PM - 10:00PM

Fridays :: BluegrassMagic GameShop :: 6:30 PM - Midnight

RSVP :: meetup.com/cardboardgamers

#2 Virgo

Virgo

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:33 AM

No mulligan kills Heroic Task. Sadly.

#3 Asmoridin

Asmoridin

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:58 PM

Virgo said:

No mulligan kills Heroic Task. Sadly.

Ugh, too true. 

Do love the shield though.  Very cool card.

#4 Kaine82

Kaine82

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:28 PM

I disagree.

Heroic Task is worth forgoing a mulligan. If you build a deck around it I think these 2 cards together could produce a pretty deadly legend deck. Pure speculation, but I'm going to try it.

#5 Virgo

Virgo

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:35 PM

Why go for a legend deck? Enemy could burn your capital even if you have unkillable legend (of course there is this card http://www.fantasyfl...ant-of-gods.png but then it requires a lot of resources…). This shield will truly shine with a hero on a quest Protect the Empire. Preferably Hemmler

#6 Kaine82

Kaine82

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:39 AM

I haven't thought through all the details yet, but I really want to make a legend deck work.

You are totally right that Friedrich Hemmler(or even an untouchable Wilhelm of the Osterknacht) would be awesome, but the only good legend decks I've seen are built around Kairos Fateweaver and I would love to see the rest of them have a chance. The reason the others don't see play as much is they get killed before their effects go off. Kairos Fateweaver is so good because as soon as he hits the table his effect happens. I think Sheild of Aeons will keep them alive long enough to finally see their benefits.

#7 LiouKen

LiouKen

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:03 PM

Card Board Gamers said:

I haven't thought through all the details yet, but I really want to make a legend deck work.

You are totally right that Friedrich Hemmler(or even an untouchable Wilhelm of the Osterknacht) would be awesome, but the only good legend decks I've seen are built around Kairos Fateweaver and I would love to see the rest of them have a chance. The reason the others don't see play as much is they get killed before their effects go off. Kairos Fateweaver is so good because as soon as he hits the table his effect happens. I think Sheild of Aeons will keep them alive long enough to finally see their benefits.

It's Order only, so can't use on Kairos Fateweave.

But I think it will make a legend deck work too. This card can attach on Hero, but there are many way to damage/destroy/forced sacrifice your unit. Shield of Aeon only make itself can't be targeted by card effect, not the attached Hero/Legend. and there are no way to direct damage/destroy/forced sacrifice your Legend in this environment.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS