Chicago area players??

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Budbundy

Budbundy

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:13 AM

Hey guys I picked up the rules at Adepticon last week and wanted to start forming a gaming group now so there will be a constant flow of players in the area. Please message me if you are interested in meeting at either Games Plus in Mount Prospect or Fair Game in Downers Grove. Let me know what night or day works best for you as well.

#2 zuggzugg

zuggzugg

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:07 AM

I've been looking for some players in Chicago as well. I'm on the north side of the city and have not been out that way before. I have a stockpile of units also, for both sides.

#3 gunther

gunther

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:48 AM

Hi,

Please count me in. I'm also in the western suburbs so either location would work great, Downers Grove is probably a bit closer. Currently I have around 430AP -460AP for both the Allies & the Axis armies(2 full 4 squad platoons) painted and ready to go and am working on a 3rd platoon for each side and eyeing the Russians.

Just got the rulebook a couple weeks ago but haven't had a chance to try the game out yet.

#4 zuggzugg

zuggzugg

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:19 AM

Please let me know when you are looking to set this up.

#5 wrkrparasite

wrkrparasite

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:03 PM

I'm in the far western burbs. I'd be down to play. 

#6 wrkrparasite

wrkrparasite

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:06 PM

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I play WM/H at Fair Game on Thursdays. Any night that isn't that (along with weekend days) should be fine with a bit of notice.

#7 gunther

gunther

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:39 PM

Hi,

Anytime on the weekend would work well for me and I'm sure I could fit in a night game during the week as well.

#8 zuggzugg

zuggzugg

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:59 PM

How late are those places open to play? Coming from the north side, weekdays would be out for me unless its open late enough to warrant the drive. Otherwise, weekends are my option.

#9 wrkrparasite

wrkrparasite

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:19 PM

zuggzugg said:

How late are those places open to play? Coming from the north side, weekdays would be out for me unless its open late enough to warrant the drive. Otherwise, weekends are my option.

Probably not late enough to make it worth your while. Maybe a weekend day would be better.

#10 Zombiejoe

Zombiejoe

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:16 AM

I frequent Games Plus for Malifaux a lot so count me in for any and all Dust Madness!

#11 gunther

gunther

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:32 AM

In looking at the 2 stores, I think games plus is the better option. Tables can be reserved in advance, and should be on week nites, and they are primarily a miniatures game store meaning you can kill 2 birds with 1 stone and pickup paint, brushes, or whatever while there. Fair games seems to be more of a board game oriented store. The other big plus being they have far longer gaming hours. From my experience with them you can game there pretty much all day, not just after hours. Since a basic small game is supposed to last around 90 minutes and a medium sized game I'm told can be done in roughly 2 hours, once people are familiar with the rules it should be easy to do a game from say 6:00-9:00 on a week nite, I could actually get there even earlier if someone was free and wanted a game, or a large battle on the weekends.

It will also be a far better venue for finding other players to join in and to start and keep going a permanent dust warfare game day. I'm available anytime this weekend, so if someone wants to pick a time and call them and reserve a table, just let me know the time they picked and I'm there with my troops and whatever terrain you might want me to bring.

#12 Zombiejoe

Zombiejoe

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:11 AM

You talking about setting up a a day for dust. Like, Dust Thursday or something? I'm down with that. Though my play time usually is pretty adhoc.

#13 gunther

gunther

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:16 AM

Maybe eventually if we get enough people.

#14 zuggzugg

zuggzugg

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:43 AM

seems like only weekends would be good for me because of distance. Has anyone gone to Chicago land Games, Dice Dojo?

#15 gunther

gunther

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:01 AM

No, but have army and will travel to anyplace we can setup a game.

#16 zuggzugg

zuggzugg

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:45 AM

They just bought out the units next to their original store I think too. Now there is much more room than before. Wed is open gaming night till past midnight or so. Tues/Thurs is warhammer/warmachine, etc. Not sure how much space there is now w/ all the new area opened up. Anyone can hang and play all they want. Huge lending wall also. The wed night open gaming sessions are also BYOB! :P

I could do weekdays if someone wanted to meet here in addition to any possible weekends out in the burbs. Also I have a big apartment. Once I've met some of you and determined you are not crazy killer nerds, I'm more than willing to host a weekend myself. I've got a lot of space.

#17 gunther

gunther

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:39 AM

I thought being a crazy killer nerd was a prerequisite for being a wargamer, lol. Looks like about 30 miles for me using mapquests convuluted driving directions so not much farther than going to games plus. So count me in if you want to do one on wednesday evening, just pick a time.

#18 zuggzugg

zuggzugg

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:14 AM

I'm going to visit a lady friend out in the burbs today. She's taking me to hobby lobby out there, I told her about games plus and we are going to swing by to check it out. If anyone is there i'll be the guy w/ the netherrealm t shirt on.

#19 the LORD

the LORD

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:41 PM

I'm  just getting started in Dust Tactics. I'm from far west suburbs (Montgomery) and I'm trying to find people that are willing to play. let me know.

#20 gunther

gunther

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:20 PM

A couple of us are from the western suburbs, so it's just a matter of finding a venue to play at, something that seems to be getting increasingly more difficult as hobby shops go out of business, and how far your willing to drive.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS