Jump to content



Photo

Old heroes for new players??


  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Varlian

Varlian

    Member

  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:59 AM

 Hi everyone, I present miself briefly.. I'm a "new" Dust Tactics player from Argentina. And why do I say "new"? Because I started playing this awsome game with the Core Set: Revised. So, I can field all the Dust collection, but not the old heroes of the first Core Set… I mean Bazooka Joe and Sigrid von Thaler. 

Considering the recently edition of Dust Warfare, and on what I shortly know about it's rules, it seems the heroes I mentioned before are very useful leading the soldiers into battle. So, I was wondering if FFG or Dust Studios have any intentions to let the "new" players get this heroes in the near future? May be in a new Heroes Pack or anything like that… Does anyone konw something about this?



#2 Dakkon426

Dakkon426

    Member

  • Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:15 AM

 currently they arevout of print and ffg has anounced no intention to reprint them. Sorry but the only option is to either try to find it loose or take the hit to the wallet and buy the original set. ):



#3 Varlian

Varlian

    Member

  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:27 AM

 Well… that's the problem, I can't find anyone in my country who may be selling the original Core Set… I just was hoping anyone may heard some rumors or whatever about if we would be able to attach Joe and Sigrid to our armies… I hope FFG and Dust Studios realize that if they are going to sell us the stats of this heroes in the Dust Warfare Book, then they should sell as well the figures…



#4 ??!

??!

    Member

  • Members
  • 513 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:44 AM

Just today I was thinking that it would be cool for new players like me to get Bazooka Joe and Sigrid. There could be either a new hero pack that included both new heroes and the same versions of Joe and Sigrid that were also found in the core set or there could be sets that included new versions of Joe and Sigrid together with the walkers they piloted. These versions of Joe and Sigrid would be able to pilot these walkers and have special pilot abilities of course.



#5 felkor

felkor

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:27 AM

I'm sure you'll see them available sometime in the near future.  Or look on Ebay - sometimes people with multiple core sets will sell off their extra heroes.

That said, for Dust Warfare, they are not (in my opinion) as powerful of heroes as they are in Dust Tactics, and you can field any of the platoons without them.  So while they are nice, they are not necessities for that game.



#6 Galadhir

Galadhir

    Member

  • Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:45 AM

Proxy a different figure, you can get bases for Dust no problem, doesn't have to be original figure as long as you have stats right.



#7 Varlian

Varlian

    Member

  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:26 PM

??! said:

Just today I was thinking that it would be cool for new players like me to get Bazooka Joe and Sigrid. There could be either a new hero pack that included both new heroes and the same versions of Joe and Sigrid that were also found in the core set or there could be sets that included new versions of Joe and Sigrid together with the walkers they piloted. These versions of Joe and Sigrid would be able to pilot these walkers and have special pilot abilities of course.

I was thinking the same way!! Now that there are this news abilities (the pilot ability) it would be just awsome to se Joe and Sigrid with their own walkers. 

By now, i'll see to make my own Joe, it can't be too dificult to convert a common soldier up to this hero… anyone could give some advice (I mean, redirect me to the properly page… I don't want to this post go on another way rather than the original)



#8 ??!

??!

    Member

  • Members
  • 513 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:54 PM

Galadhir said:

Proxy a different figure, you can get bases for Dust no problem, doesn't have to be original figure as long as you have stats right.

You are right of course! The stat cards even are included in the unit card upgrade pack. I completely forgot about that!



#9 Wolfscout

Wolfscout

    Member

  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:09 PM

I use the WW2 Capt. America Fig for Bazooka Joe seeing as the Shield is really similar to the Allies symbol so you might wanna try that. Just a thought

 

 



#10 rwwingate

rwwingate

    Member

  • Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:14 AM

I bought a second original set a way back when and have a spare Sigrid and Joe if anyone is interested.



#11 blkdymnd

blkdymnd

    Member

  • Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:28 PM

Wolfscout said:

I use the WW2 Capt. America Fig for Bazooka Joe seeing as the Shield is really similar to the Allies symbol so you might wanna try that. Just a thought

 

 

I almost feel bad, before he became a rare commodity, I turned my extra Joe into a WWII era Capt America :)



#12 chaotic_vortex

chaotic_vortex

    Member

  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:54 PM

 I would really like to get the two heroes from the original set.  Do you still have them?  



#13 fhaugh

fhaugh

    Member

  • Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:16 PM

rwwingate said:

I bought a second original set a way back when and have a spare Sigrid and Joe if anyone is interested.

Do you still have them?



#14 rwwingate

rwwingate

    Member

  • Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:56 PM

fhaugh said:

Do you still have them?

Yes, but I had someone ask for them yesterday.  If that falls through, I'll drop you a line.

 






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS