Dragon question

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Sealtyk

Sealtyk

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:20 PM

I understand how the hatchlings work: If you control Viserion, attach White Hatchling and all of its duplicates to Viserion as duplicates. Question is, if I have the misfortune of playing the hatchlings first, then do their adult counterparts come in to play as dupes of the hatchlings?

#2 kauai1964

kauai1964

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:58 PM

Nope - it's the other way around.

Once you play Viserion, the Hatchling attaches to him as a duplicate.

#3 Sealtyk

Sealtyk

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:09 PM

K, thats what I was thinking, Opponent in last game made me doubt myself a little lol. Thanks…

#4 Sealtyk

Sealtyk

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:29 PM

Forgot to ask, assuming the white hatchling is played first. Would you then pay Viserion's gold cost and then attach the hatchling or would you put Viserion in to play as a "duplicate" only attaching the hatchling to it instead?

#5 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,718 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:51 PM

Sealtyk said:

Forgot to ask, assuming the white hatchling is played first. Would you then pay Viserion's gold cost and then attach the hatchling or would you put Viserion in to play as a "duplicate" only attaching the hatchling to it instead?
Viserion and the White Hatchling are not unique cards with the same name. Therefore, since this is a requirement for playing one card on another as a duplicate from your hand, you should never be thinking that Viserion can be played from your hand as a duplicate on the White Hatchling, or vice versa. Also, since card effects only work from out-of-play, or on out-of-play cards, if they specifically say so, there is no reason to think that the White Hatchling's effect will be active unless it is in play - or work on a copy of Viserion that is not in play.

So, they are two entirely separate unique cards with entirely different titles. Just like any other completely different unique cards, there is no rule preventing you from playing them together, or having both in play at the same time. Once you do have them in play at the same time, the requirements of the Hatchling's effect kick in and the Hatchling becomes a dupe on Viserion. But not before then.

So, because these are totally separate unique cards that have no link until they are both in play at the same time, if the Hatchling is in play, you have to pay for Viserion - then resolve the passive effect once he is in play. Similarly, if you have Viserion in play, you have to bring the While Hatchling out of Shadows - then resolve the passive effect once he is. 

#6 Sealtyk

Sealtyk

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:35 PM

Thanks, wanted to make sure I was using it rite.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS