Photo

Which career should I use for Norse berserker?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,068 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:31 AM

Which career should I use for Norse berserker?  I'm plotting something evil :)

#2 Ralzar

Ralzar

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:58 AM

I posted a set of rules I'd made for my group for playing a norscan adventure a while back. I've made some changes to the rules since then, but basically, the answer is:

Troll Slayer

I made a new Career Card that lets him put recharge tokens on defense cards in order to gain white dice to attack rolls, but the basic Troll Slayer card will also work just fine.

The troll slyaer is basically a berserker. Just a dwarf-only berserker. Remove the dwarf part and he works just fine as the "Berserker" career from WFRP2e.

Edit: If you for soem reason do not wish to use the Troll SLayer, I'd probably reccomend the Pit Fighter.

#3 Emirikol

Emirikol

• Members
  • 5,068 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:01 AM

Great tip.  Thanks!

jh

#4 nephtys

nephtys

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:34 AM

"evil" PCs are hard, NPCs are okay.

but an evil PC will get you running into a problem very soon if your other PCs are not totally stupid. I played a dark elf "black widow" once, who was pretty much killing her husbands to inherit some money over hundreds of years and she was exposed pretty fast, so she had to find excuses day after day for whatever she was doing and other PCs always suspected her of wanting to do them evil.

if you play a dwarf slayer, thats fine. they are not particularly evil, they just did wrong in the eyes of their fellow kin. but if they are in the north, near the chaos lands, they might have been exposed to chaos without really realizing it, maybe the dwarf slayer has already been recognized by the god of war, khorne himself, and dragged into chaos slowly. maybe the skulltaker, travelling around the chaos wastes in the north, challenging the strongest possible foe he can find to a one on one duell, will find him?

just my ideas on the north, so you don't have to be "intentionally" evil…

greets
neph

#5 Emirikol

Emirikol

• Members
  • 5,068 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:49 AM

It will be a nemesis NPC.  :)

jh

#6 Ralzar

Ralzar

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:11 AM

nephtys said:

"evil" PCs are hard, NPCs are okay.

but an evil PC will get you running into a problem very soon if your other PCs are not totally stupid. I played a dark elf "black widow" once, who was pretty much killing her husbands to inherit some money over hundreds of years and she was exposed pretty fast, so she had to find excuses day after day for whatever she was doing and other PCs always suspected her of wanting to do them evil.

if you play a dwarf slayer, thats fine. they are not particularly evil, they just did wrong in the eyes of their fellow kin. but if they are in the north, near the chaos lands, they might have been exposed to chaos without really realizing it, maybe the dwarf slayer has already been recognized by the god of war, khorne himself, and dragged into chaos slowly. maybe the skulltaker, travelling around the chaos wastes in the north, challenging the strongest possible foe he can find to a one on one duell, will find him?

just my ideas on the north, so you don't have to be "intentionally" evil…

greets
neph

You don't have to be intentionally evil to play norse though. The southern tribes have trade realtions with the more civiliced lands and have religions that are closer to the Imperial gods. Particularly Marienburg has done a lot to try to civilize the norse. Norse mercenaries are also not unheard of. I seem to remember reading in the Tome Of Corruption that for a while it was "in" for fashionable nobles to have a norse bodyguard.

The norse are allmost as diverse a people as the Imperials. Allthough they do come from a low-tech warrior culture, so their values differ quite a bit from the imperials.

#7 Fenderstat

Fenderstat

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:32 PM

Emirikol said:

Which career should I use for Norse berserker?  I'm plotting something evil :)

Pit fighter

WFRP3 Online game forum - http://ffgvirtualrpg.prediger.at/

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS