• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 AndreasL

AndreasL

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:47 AM

Hi,

How do people register the new Lore Aragorn from Watcher in the Water in the Quest Log? Currently FFG only has one Aragorn in the Hero list and that is the Leadership version. FFG usually is quite fast at updating the hero list in the Quest Log so I am bit worried that they just thinking we could use the old Aragorn entry. Do you think he will be added as Aragorn (Lore) or something like that?

It's the job that's never started as takes longest to finish

#2 SiCK_Boy

SiCK_Boy

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:04 AM

They should use the set rather than the sphere to distinguish multiple versions of the same hero. For example: Aragorn (Core) or Aragorn (Watcher in the Water). This way, they'll be ready when they decide to reissue another Lore or Leadership version of Aragorn.

#3 Robert McMutton

Robert McMutton

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:52 AM

In the spanish version they have already added him, and he appears as Aragorn, just the same as the first. So, we have Aragorn, and Aragorn to choose, which could be a problem. I suppose that it goes with order of appearance in the list, but not sure until I try it.

#4 Jacob5432

Jacob5432

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:59 AM

Robert McMutton said:

In the spanish version they have already added him, and he appears as Aragorn, just the same as the first. So, we have Aragorn, and Aragorn to choose, which could be a problem. I suppose that it goes with order of appearance in the list, but not sure until I try it.

That does not sound very clever. Hopefully they will find a better solution for the English version (and fix the Spanish). I hope the quest log will be updated in the coming week so we can get our Watcher in the Water quests logged.

Never laugh at live dragons

#5 Mattr0polis

Mattr0polis

• Members
  • 820 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:29 AM

I agree that is not a very good solution. Especially since it sounds like we could have many versions of many heroes in the future. There's already that new Bilbo coming as well (though he seems linked to quests and so probably won't be in the quest log) and I think there was a interview where the designers talked about different versions of Glorfindel, etc at some point.

It's not that bad a problem with only Aragorn but it WILL be a problem with three or four heroes with different versions, or worse, 3+ versions of a single hero.

I agree with sick_boy, use the set to distinguish them.

#6 EmilL

EmilL

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:16 AM

The Quest Log has been updated and now has two Aragorn heroes. As Sick_Boy suggested they are named after their game so we have Aragorn (Core) and Aragorn (Watcher in the Water).

Thanks to FFG for fixing this pretty fast.

We must awat, ere break of day

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS