Vril?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 CSMason26

CSMason26

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:17 AM

So the fluff has been making my mouth water and I can't help yet wonder what the Vril look like. I'm putting this out here so hopefully FFG might see that we do have a large interest in seeing artwork of at least what they look like. I was a large fan of AT-43 and the only armies I played were the Therians and the Karmans. I love the xenos armies in most of these games and am hoping, praying, that we see something sooner rather than later. Hopefully they're soon after the Russians. :)

#2 DoomOnYou72

DoomOnYou72

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:33 AM

So far the only thing that has ever been shown for the Vril modelwise  was an earlier model designed by Kalamity. Its called the Hecaton. It was an earlier design done a few years ago but Im hoping they stay close to the aesthetics.

There was also a pic of the one captured by the Germans in Antartica that appeared in the Dust Comic Sourcebook.

#3 CSMason26

CSMason26

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:48 AM

I saw the top picture all over the place… Just there's something about seeing a piece of it's technology without having an exact piece of artwork about what the creature looks like that kind of throws me through a loop. The bottom picture, the picture of the alien below from the comic, makes me think they'll go traditional "Grey" which is cool. The walkers make me think it's an alternative of the Cogs from AT-43. 

Now I wonder how long we'll have to wait to see more artwork/the possible alien faction that the Vril are at war with. 

#4 Peacekeeper_b

Peacekeeper_b

• Members
  • 2,485 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:51 AM

For the love of god I hope that walker is not how the vril look. Too ANIME! I want martian war walkers and UFOs.

#5 Snowshadow

Snowshadow

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:54 AM

Peacekeeper_b said:

For the love of god I hope that walker is not how the vril look. Too ANIME! I want martian war walkers and UFOs.

It would be kind of fitting if they went the whole cheesy '50 Sci-fi look. Fins on everything, spinning disks. XD

#6 Tequila Sousa

Tequila Sousa

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:58 AM

for the walker, if you follow the link in the top left corner its part of a line of modeling productions.

Hence they DONT look exactly like that. no one knows what they look like but i personally hope they look something similar to the COGS of At-43. they had some nice mech style tanks that seems bulky and armoured compared to pure anime style crazy. either that or hovercraft/aircraft for vehicles

#7 blkdymnd

blkdymnd

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:09 PM

I'm thinking Greys in power suits and heavy armor walkers.  Probably similar to Cogs.  The Armor 4 infantry type has always kinda been labeled as alien tech

#8 CSMason26

CSMason26

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:20 PM

The only thing I'm worried about is that the aliens could ruin the game because it would bring a level of… "Aliens came down to Earth… we sat back, waited for them to land then attacked." Because really we don't have space faring anything yet and Aliens do. 

#9 Snowshadow

Snowshadow

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:26 PM

CSMason26 said:

The only thing I'm worried about is that the aliens could ruin the game because it would bring a level of… "Aliens came down to Earth… we sat back, waited for them to land then attacked." Because really we don't have space faring anything yet and Aliens do. 

Didn't the Germans have an attack satellite in space already? seems like they were just launching the "Control Monkey" <LOL> to get it up and running.

#10 blkdymnd

blkdymnd

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:59 PM

CSMason26 said:

I think they'll make sure they're done right.  We will see them for sure, they are a huge part of the background and the reason everyone's fighting over VK.  When the Germans killed the Vril pilot, I believe he was able to hit an SOS to the homeworld, fleet, mothership, new jersey… So we are in a sense waiting for the offensive, I'm just not sure who knows the offensive is coming.

#11 CSMason26

CSMason26

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:16 PM

The offensive is coming when Snooki has her baby. :)

#12 Snowshadow

Snowshadow

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:47 PM

CSMason26 said:

The offensive is coming when Snooki has her baby. :)

no way, she has been offending people LONG before she got preggers. XD

#13 MRex21

MRex21

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:15 PM

Guys,

I've been looking all over for Dust back story.  Help a brother out.  Where are these things?

#14 Dakkon426

Dakkon426

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:35 AM

The grill are featured most prominently in the comics.

#15 MRex21

MRex21

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:45 AM

Comics?  Online or hard copy?

#16 deedob

deedob

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:30 AM

The captured Vrill sent out an SOS to his homeworld before Sigrid shot him.

The axis knows the Vrill are coming… their answer to prepare for the alien invasion:
"only a unified humankind has any chance against the Vrill"

So they decide to double their efforts to crush the axis and the SSU to conquer them before the Vrill comes…

Yeah, the axis seems to be dumb like that.

So far there's no indication that the SSU or the Allies know the Vrill are coming. The Allies are stuck in capitalist war-profiteering (their main weapons supplier is a private corporation that profits for as long as the war goes on), the SSU are lagging behind technologically the other two factions.

All this comes mainly from Operation: SeeLowe and Operation: Sverograd, which is available in the files section.

#17 MRex21

MRex21

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:29 AM

I love it!  Obviously the Vril tech allowed the Axis to develop the walkers and advanced weaponry.  How did the Allied and SSU gain the ability to create it, considering the Allies have 'gen 1' and the Axis has 'gen 3'?

#18 Dakkon426

Dakkon426

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:11 AM

The steal it from the Germans.

#19 reptilebro1

reptilebro1

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:52 AM

The priest had stolen the plans for a Gunther walker and gave it to Joe and his Elite Squad. They also took some legs from a German walker that was destroyed and added them to a tank and this tank was designated the Mickey after one of Joe's squeezes that had been killed during this mission. She was a mechanic. 

All of this is in the comic called Dust Wars. You can get the TPB from Amazon, Barnes & Noble online. Also has alot of scetches in the back of Japanese walkers hero and troops. 

#20 MRex21

MRex21

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:28 PM

Excellent.  A trade paperback.

I thought I had missed it.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS