How often are you playing Talisman?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 frogemoth

frogemoth

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:17 AM

Myself I have been playing for around 2 years each Friday night with a group of 4 people, we still have the same fun as when we started. Friday is the highlight of my week ;)

Lately to spice things a bit we are playing with 2 characters instead of just one, one is your main, you just have the abilities of the other card, some crazy combos can happen if you are lucky. I also printed more than 100 more character cards that someone shared in the home brew sub-forum, sorry I don't remember who posted it.

I really enjoy Talisman, it is one of those game where you can't stop playing. Looking forward to the next expansion.

#2 Draii

Draii

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:48 AM

We play about each month.
Since the game takes a long time (for us at least) we are pretty beat after a game and some weeks to recover (and paint the played characters) are in place.

#3 wieldsith

wieldsith

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:27 AM

With how long the average game takes for my usual group of 4-5 we try to play every Wednesday night but more often now it seems like we are playing every other Wednesday night with how work has been going for everyone.

#4 nyarmondt

nyarmondt

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:03 PM

On average about once in a week I guess… Problem is there are so many other good games too :) 

#5 wieldsith

wieldsith

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:10 AM

nyarmondt said:

On average about once in a week I guess… Problem is there are so many other good games too :) 

Agreed there are a lot of other good games out there. No dust has collected on my Talisman collection yet lol.

#6 Osbo25

Osbo25

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:06 PM

My wife and I are playing one to two games every day, though we have only had it for a few weeks.  I'm sure it will slow down over time, though we are now adding expansion packs into the mix, so we are set to go for some heavy Talisman playing for quite a while yet.  We are looking forward to having friends over who can play as well.

When she and I play we don't always play to get to the Crown of Command, though once we get the alternate endings in place that will probably change.  We play through the Adventure Card deck once and then compare our characters.  If they're close in stats we'll fight each other a few times, but if one of us is clearly dominating the other then we just call it a game.  Her goal is always to get the Unicorn.  Now that we have the Vampiress (which I am going to play tonight) I am going to make it my goal to steal the Unicorn from her if she gets it.

I started playing Talisman in the late 80s when I was just a kid.  My older brother played it and he introduced me to it.  I picked up a used copy of the Second Edition in the late 90s, but later gave that to my brother as a Christmas present.  I am thrilled to be playing again.  This has long been a favorite game of mine.

#7 talismanamsilat

talismanamsilat

Talisman Veteran

• Members
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:12 PM

I am glad that another 80's player is in the fold again!

Ell.

#8 tarasis

tarasis

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:07 PM

I'm another from the 80's. A friend had it and we played it most weeks for a few years. My wife and I play 4e occasionally, but life gets in the road and we haven't played in 5 months or so (partly to blame are a few stays in hospital for me, and my wife flakes easily she's often out like a light around 10pm which when she's home from work at 7-8pm doesnt leave long for Talisman).

Hell we have the Dragon expansion and haven't even played it yet, the box has barely been open :(

#9 SolennelBern

SolennelBern

• Members
  • 953 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:49 AM

From the 80's to yo, represent! In fact i'm a pure 80!!! :P

I play every mondays and thursdays when possible since the past 2 years.

I mostly play Taliman with 2 players and even with so few players it's a lot of fun!  We play like 8-10 games a year, mixed with the rest of our games so it sees plenty of table fun!

It's in my top 5 favorite games!

#10 JCHendee

JCHendee

• Members
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:11 AM

Me and mine were obsessed with 2E, skipped 3E, bought 4E, and upgrade packed to 4ER. Originally played about once every 7 to 10 days with everything we had. Now play maybe once every 4-6 weeks… mostly with just the core game and some custom add-ons.  Once in a while we use either the highlands or dungeon, never both unless there are 4+ players. We're mostly into Runebound these days (if we have time), and Talisman is used as the "intermission" in a gaming diet for those rare times when we are too brain-burnt from work but still want to do something beside veg-out in front of the tube.

#11 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:41 AM

About once a month here, since getting it for my son for Xmas. We've since gotten Reaper, Sacred Pool and Dungeon, and will be getting the others. Wish we could play more often!

#12 talismanamsilat

talismanamsilat

Talisman Veteran

• Members
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:33 AM

It actually is worth buying the Frostmatch, if only for the additional characters and spells but the adventure cards are pretty good!

Ell.

#13 Triple A

Triple A

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:48 AM

Averaging 1-2 times a month (yesterday actually), with my two sons

#14 talismanamsilat

talismanamsilat

Talisman Veteran

• Members
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:09 AM

Playing at least 30 games of Talisman from 25th May to 27th May at UK Games Expo and running a Tournament there on the Saturday!!!

Will be running 3 games at the same time all day on the Friday and running 2 games at the same time during the Tournament and on Sunday.

Ell.

#15 Persiatic

Persiatic

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:23 PM

We play usually 1-2 times a week in a group of 3-4. We have made talisman a bit competetive where we record all kinds of stats. We play in seasons meaning after  6months we declare a season winner. We are currently at season 4

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS