Jump to content



Funny story.


  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Not In Sample_*

Guest_Not In Sample_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2009 - 09:34 AM

So I decided after looking at all of the images on board game geek that I would paint WoR....yeah so there I am priming everything and get about half way through painting the minis....then A.D.D. hits and now I am left with a half painted army, and a reminder for why I stopped warhammer. lol

Anyone else ever ran into this issue?



#2 bitva

bitva

    Member

  • Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 02:26 PM

My take on minis has always been that if the sculpt is good, painting is unnecessary. If the sculpt is bad, painting won't help. Besides, I hate painting.


Ignorance if futile. Resistance is bliss.


#3 Tsugo

Tsugo

    Member

  • Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 08:37 AM

A well painted army does look nice.  I was considering painting the bases just to make setup a little easier, but put that idea on hold.  If I can get my hands on the CE (if it ever comes out), then I will forego that idea.  However, if I don't manage to get one, then yes, base painting is in store.

But I do agree with efidm.  That and the fact that I don't really have the patience or skill to do the job justice.



#4 tyranobullterier

tyranobullterier

    Member

  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:04 PM

I tried painting the minis, but was stalled half way through, and now I can't play the game because, well... the painting isn't finished. And I can't find the time to finish it.



#5 ofblack

ofblack

    Member

  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 03:15 AM

tyranobullterier said:

I tried painting the minis, but was stalled half way through, and now I can't play the game because, well... the painting isn't finished. And I can't find the time to finish it.

That's why i paint only one faction per time :) This way to proceed is longer to finish the work, but i'm sure i can play even if the minis are partially painted.



#6 flervk

flervk

    Member

  • Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 06:31 AM

Tsugo said:

 

.  That and the fact that I don't really have the patience or skill to do the job justice.

 actually, it's not that hard.

it's pretty easy to paint them to look reasonably well, since they'll be moving around a lot and you'll not look at them up close.

of course, if you plan to put the figures on the shelf just for showing off - it's different story.



#7 Antigoth

Antigoth

    Member

  • Members
  • 2,172 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 01:32 PM

I tried painting some minis back in my teenage years, and while they weren't horrendus, after seeing what some of my friends can do for their Warhammer armies, I figured I'd err on the side of caution, and not ruin what are otherwise decent scuplts. (Especially after seeing an attempt at moding a heroclix sentinal to look like Captian America)

 

 



#8 flervk

flervk

    Member

  • Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 09:50 PM

Antigoth said:

I tried painting some minis back in my teenage years, and while they weren't horrendus, after seeing what some of my friends can do for their Warhammer armies, I figured I'd err on the side of caution, and not ruin what are otherwise decent scuplts. (Especially after seeing an attempt at moding a heroclix sentinal to look like Captian America)

 

 

 

well, it helps on the board pretty much, even if you just dip them in different colors.






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS