What I would realy love to do is…

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mady

Mady

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:21 PM

… to be able to set up private events as a player, not 'organization'. Basically to be able to run an official game group.

Pretty much 'Players wanted' advertisements, with specified requirements.

It is much easier to respond to such advertisements rather than talking to random people, asking about themselves and maybe inviting them to play with your group.

Not everybody wants to play at clubs. Not every town has one. I certainly prefer to play at my place, but finding the final player for THAT game is often hard.

So yeah. I'd like an option to invite strangers for my game nights and RPG sessions, while not being an organization.

Unless 6 people randomly attending my events counts as a 'club', which something tells me it is not, even if we think so : P

#2 The Spaniard

The Spaniard

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:45 PM

Mady,

Are you aware you can PM up to 20 people based on the CW results?  While not the same as a formal event, the system allows for impromptu player-to-player connection.

In fact that is how this was originally envisioned (the formal organization based events came later). Simply PM'ing a list of likely candidates saying "Hey, I'm X, I'm looking to play TI on Wednesday night at Z location, anyone in?"

cP
FFG

Christian T. Petersen

Fantasy Flight Games

#3 Mady

Mady

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:27 PM

I suppose I would abuse people like that. Still need an age filter to abuse the right people though.
What I have written is just another solution to an issue I have with the system - I'm older and I do not really want to get involved much with younger players.

Making events is a dream solution though, since it handles number of seats automatically. Say If I needed one more player for a session, I put up an advertisement and close it once I get the player. If I send 10 invites out it might just get a lot more messy.

Still, I am enjoying the system, not complaining, just giving feedback.

#4 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,927 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:18 AM

This is a good point. I am involved in some convention gaming, though I am not a retailer or business or a club, just a bloke…

It would be good to have something further for the likes of me :)

Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS