Beats me; I can't figure out how this thing works

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 The Old Man

The Old Man

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:30 AM

First, I can't find a single click link to the Wizard, so yeah I booked marked it.  I am looking up AGoT LCG.

I put in my state (are two letter abreviations OK?) and lets say I don't put in a zipcode.  First how does it treat the Range field when listing a state?  Does 6 miles mean the entire state of CA and six miles into the states of OR, AZ, & NV?  What if I choose, "All"?  Wouldn't that be the entire world?  So I did that and 216 names came up.  But there's no way to tell at a glance where they are located and none were shown on the map.

Now I put in my zipcode and the only person that comes up is me.  Now this is with Range set to "All" which in theory should be the entire world.  Then as a test I put in 600 miles--which would take the radius, from my location, out to NV, AZ, UT, and parts of NM & CO.  Still only I come up.

I don't get this.

#2 The Spaniard

The Spaniard

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:50 PM

There are some bugs in the "range" and Zip code element that we're working on. 

However, if you search for all results in OK, you should get more than a single result. For example, when I search for AGOT LCG, Oklahoma, (profile all types) I get 25 results.

cP
FFG

Christian T. Petersen

Fantasy Flight Games

#3 Keggy

Keggy

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:56 AM

When I search for players by state, it brings up many results in the list, but if you switch to map view, you only see the results for people on that page of the list (who have put in their zip codes, I'm guessing, since only 3 or 4 pop up).  Is there a way to get map view to show ALL results instead of just what is on that page of the list?

Also, the bottom of the list view where it lists the number of pages and next page /last page buttons can get a bit screwy.

#4 The Old Man

The Old Man

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:27 AM

Thanks Keggy, another piece of the mystery.  I believe this isn't even at the "Beta" stage yet.

#5 The Old Man

The Old Man

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:17 PM

I really don't get it.  I put in California for AGoT LCG.  A list of 219 comes up, inconventiently without any zip code or area shown.  I click on Map, and I only see 4 people with icons.  Where's the other 215?  And for that matter, where's me?

#6 The Old Man

The Old Man

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:22 AM

Well, they made it simpler, but I'm still having problems.  They took away the Zip Code field and the Range field. So the drop down box is set to United States.  I then put in CA for California (there's no indication if the two letter postal abbrevations will work.)  Two hours later it still says, "Loading."

#7 The Old Man

The Old Man

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:26 AM

Wow.  I just went back and now the State field is a drop box.  I chose California and pretty quickly got a list of 200+ people.  But now the Map tab is gone so there's no way to see who's near by.

#8 Keggy

Keggy

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:32 PM

Yeah, I'm pretty sad the map got taken down.  And with no location given for the members, it makes it impossible to find other local people to play with.

#9 The Old Man

The Old Man

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:02 PM

Well, it's a good thing it's in "Beta" because it would be a big zero if it weren't.

#10 The Old Man

The Old Man

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:09 AM

So now the State field is back to a blank instead of a pull-down.  So do you type in CA or California, or does it not matter?  Why the change?

So I went back  and was going to type in the state, but the pull-down was back!

#11 The Old Man

The Old Man

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:31 AM

Seems to me this project's been abandoned and is stuck in a permanent beta state.  Has anyone found it useful?  I note there's pretty much zero activity in this forum.

#12 Keggy

Keggy

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:47 PM

I really wish a bit more effort could go into this.  I feel like it has potential.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS