Profile filter and game selection want list

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Brine

Brine

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:29 AM

1) When I search for a game, my own profile shows up. As I would never have a need to see my own profile in search results, it should be filtered out.

2) Is it possible to make one of the selections from the game drop down menu "All games I'm interested in playing"? I'm really not looking forward to having do separate searches for each of the dozen different games I'm interested in playing.

#2 Cidervampire

Cidervampire

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:42 AM

I agree.

It would be cool if I could just do a search without selecting any games just so I can see who is local to me.

Geoff

#3 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

• Members
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:51 AM

Brine said:

1) When I search for a game, my own profile shows up. As I would never have a need to see my own profile in search results, it should be filtered out.

I disagree. I would like to see myself so I can know that others can find me as well. If I don't appear on the list, it may mean I'm not showing up properly in the system.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#4 cirroid

cirroid

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:57 AM

Budgernaut said:

Brine said:

I disagree. I would like to see myself so I can know that others can find me as well. If I don't appear on the list, it may mean I'm not showing up properly in the system.

This.

#5 Mady

Mady

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:27 AM

It needs an age filter, come on.

I love the whole idea of the wizard. Would love to find some more gaming partners. I'm 28 though and I'm not that much interested in playing with people below age of 18.

I imagine it is sort of the same for kids. They wouldn't want to play with me : P

So unless age filter is implemented in some way, the wizard is pretty useless to me. Add age brackets or option in the profile to show age?

#6 The Old Man

The Old Man

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:34 AM

Mady said:

It needs an age filter, come on.

I love the whole idea of the wizard. Would love to find some more gaming partners. I'm 28 though and I'm not that much interested in playing with people below age of 18.

I imagine it is sort of the same for kids. They wouldn't want to play with me : P

So unless age filter is implemented in some way, the wizard is pretty useless to me. Add age brackets or option in the profile to show age?

Hopefully my user name takes care of that.  Though an age range would be helpful.

#7 Brine

Brine

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:17 AM

cirroid said:

Budgernaut said:

Brine said:

This.

I vehemently disagree with your reasoning. In any case, at least make it a filter option.

#8 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 777 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:42 AM

Great ideas, here.

• Age filter: yes! necessary
  • Searching for all my games at once: yes! Just give me a list of people, and show me which of my games they're playing
  • My profile showing up in my searches: doesn't bother me, and I agree with Budgernaut that it's nice to see that I'm listed.

IV  V  VI  I  III  II

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS