Photo

Who wants prizes from a Regional? I have an offer for you!

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 mathlete

mathlete

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:55 PM

Two weekends ago, I played in the Kingdom-con Regional.  There were some awesome prizes there provided by FFG and some very cool prizes  provided by the tourney organizers.  I was fortunate tenough to win an earn some cool prizes, such as the new, amazing playmat (featuring Daenarys leading the Dothraki Horde art on the Threat from the East), FFG produce wooden house cards and new double-sided particiapnt cards.  I now have my entry into Worlds taken care of and have some cool prizes, but I'm still going to play in at least three more Regionals.

Would you like to have a chance to share in my wealth?  Do you have enough confidence in me to play your deck at one of these Regionals?

I currently have 20 decks built!  I really think 4-5 are tourney-worthy.  All of these decks are Stark, Martell or Greyjoy.  I'm tired of playing these houses.  I want something different!  I really want a really good Targ deck or Lannister deck.  I have a few of these decks built, but I don't love them. So, I'm running my own contest!  Send me a Targ or Lannister deck to: mathlete77@me.com and I will pick the declk that I think is best.  If I play it and place Top 8 with it at an upcoming Regional, I will share the prizes with you!  Please be sure to include your real name and FFG boards name in your e-mail, or it won't be looked at.  (I know Nate will send me a deck list with 60 cards, all Limited locations!)

As I said,I already have the Regional prizes and my bye, now I'm ready for a challenge!  I always believe that "it's not the car, it's the driver", now I can try to put my money where my mouth is!

#2 mathlete

mathlete

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:01 PM

Also, in the spirit of giving...here is my totally unoriginal deck that won Kingdom Con.

This is the first Martell/KotHH deck that I ever built. I only played ONE game beforehand with the deck so I was going into the tourney with no experience with this kind of deck.   I started with Greg Atkinson's Reinforcement deck from Gencon, took out all the Reinforcement garbage , put in more characters, different events and some new cards and it really rolled.

There were 32 players at Kingdon-con . The first round was rough (Targ/Maesters), the second round was a loss to a Stark/Siege deck. then I won everything from there on out! Each round really got easier since I understood the deck much more as I played it. First turn reveal of The First of Snow then play House Messenger and/or Flea Bottom Scavenger then get them back and play them next turn! So fun! And....Ghaston Grey and STILL broken (in my opinion).   (That First Snow card is kinda fun!  )

Here is my deck:

House: Martell

Agenda: Knights of the Hollow Hill

Plots: (7)
The First Snow of Winter
Building Season
Retaliation!
A Song of Summer
Valar Morghulis
Rule by Decree
Search and Detain

Characters: (29)

3x - Orphan of the Greenblood
1x - The Bastard of Godsgrace
2x - Carrion Bird
1x - Southron Scavenger
3x - Flea Bottom Scavenger
3x - House Messenger
2x - Myrcella Lannister (Dual-House)
1x - Ellaria Sand
2x - Edric Dayne
1x - Dagos Manwoody
1x - Ser Arys Oakheart
1x - Harmer Uller
1x - Darkstar (PotS)
2x - Arianne Martell
1x - Doran Martell (ATOC)
1x - The Red Viper (PotS)
3x - The Viper's Bannerman

Locations: (14)

3x - Summer Sea
3x - Palace Fountains
3x - Dornish Fiefdoms
1x - Flea Bottom
1x - The Scourge
3x - Ghaston Grey

Events: (18)

3x - Paper Shield
3x - He Calls it Thinking
3x - A Game of Cyvasse
3x - Red Vengeance
3x - Parting Blow
3x - Favorable Ground

No Attachments!

#3 Freerider

Freerider

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:08 PM

I don't know John, I mean what if I was planning on playing Targ or Lannister at a Regional or two? Be kinda weird to mirror match and all. Of course... playing you might just be a bit easier than normal if I knew every card in the deck already. Or then again, maybe not...

There's some good stuff out there for those two houses, I'm sure of it. Maybe I will send you an idea or two just because I'd like to see some more Targ represented, preferably something that other than burn. 

Wish we'd made it down for Kingdom Con, sounds like you guys had a great turn out. Unfortunately Jen and I were busy that weekend. We'll be seeing you soon though I hope.

#4 imrahil327

imrahil327

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:07 PM

Haha, this is gonna be awesome!

#5 Staton

Staton

• Members
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:30 AM

Email sent. ~I hope Bruno picks me! He''s so dreamy!

#6 mathlete

mathlete

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:50 AM

Staton said:

Email sent. ~I hope Bruno picks me! He''''s so dreamy!

Don''t worry Josh, if I don''t pick your deck, I will choose you for Prom!  

#7 boben_fett

boben_fett

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:45 AM

Lanni and Targ only►  No Bara love►  What''s with that!!

#8 Staton

Staton

• Members
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:39 AM

boben_fett said:

Lanni and Targ only?  No Bara love?  What''''s with that!!

Bruno knows he can''t handle the Stag. :P

#9 rings

rings

• Members
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:39 AM

~Can you make this retro-active, since you stole my Lanni deck last year to win Kubla► 

Lanni-burn!

Oh, King eh? Very nice...

#10 rings

rings

• Members
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:44 AM

Also, all question marks are coming out as triangles…  ►►►►►►►    ~This forum rocks! 

Oh, King eh? Very nice...

#11 Kennon

Kennon

• Members
  • 1,823 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:51 AM

Bwahahaha, I''ve got an idea for a Lannister deck that I''ve had kicking around. I''ll be sure to email it to you this evening or tomorrow.

Also, thanks for posting your Kingdom-Con list!

#12 mathlete

mathlete

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:50 PM

rings said:

~Can you make this retro-active, since you stole my Lanni deck last year to win Kubla? 

Lanni-burn!

It''s not the car, it''s the driver!

#13 mathlete

mathlete

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:51 PM

boben_fett said:

Lanni and Targ only?  No Bara love?  What''''s with that!!

Baratheon''s best deck is 3x The Laughing Storm with 3x Val.  Boring!  If you have an original Bara deck, send it to me.  Try to convince me to play Bara.

#14 boben_fett

boben_fett

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:50 AM

Fair enough I''ll give it a shot :)

#15 Francisco G.

Francisco G.

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:36 AM

Mail sent!!! This stag deck is difficult to handle though….it''s quite a challenge to keep it running.

#16 widowmaker93

widowmaker93

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:58 PM

I just want that Targ playmat. Any chance you'd sell that bad boy? :)

#17 mathlete

mathlete

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:53 AM

widowmaker93 said:

The Targ playmat is very nice. Probably the best playmat that FFG has produced.  I couldn't part with my playmat.  If I had a second one….

#18 widowmaker93

widowmaker93

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:36 AM

mathlete said:

widowmaker93 said:

The Targ playmat is very nice. Probably the best playmat that FFG has produced.  I couldn't part with my playmat.  If I had a second one….

I just had to ask. ;)

#19 aborgship

aborgship

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:46 PM

You ONLY have 20 decks built??  You are slipping John.

#20 imrahil327

imrahil327

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:26 AM

So far I've been pretty bored with the junk John's been throwing at me- send in those submissions!  Fabulous prizes! Free Bruno kisses!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS