Where are all the old characters?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Osbo25

Osbo25

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:23 PM

I grew up playing the second edition of Talisman.  I recently purchased the revised fourth edition, which my wife and I have been playing quite a bit.  She absolutely loves the game (as do I, of course), so today I purchased all six expansion packs.

But as I have been researching the revised fourth edition I've noticed that there are a number of characters that used to be in the game that are no longer.  For example, what happened to the Barbarian, Centaur, Halfling, Inquisitor, Leprechaun, Martial Artist, Philosopher, Pilgrim, Saracen (not P.C. anymore, I'm sure), Soldier, Spy, Witch Doctor, Woodsman, and Zulu?  Why didn't these characters make the cut into the various expansions?  Or have I just been overlooking them?

I looked at this collection of photos to find character information.

#2 Fogity

Fogity

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:55 PM

Both Leprechaun and Philosopher are in the current version (Frostmarch and Dungeon), some other might have changed name and some abilities. In general old and new characters are mixed in with the new expansions, so some of the mentioned ones might be included in the future. As the expansions are different from those in the erlier editions (and also the base game, but not to such a big degree), it is not strange they do not add all the old characters.There is also the fact that the characters come with a plastic mini, which limits the number of characters included.

I myself do not think there are too few characters, the current number is 43 with all expansions. But if you really want to play them you could always do so. Just try to come up with a good fate value and you pretty much are go, Or there might probably be adaptions of them out there that you can print.

Have fun playing the expansions. :)

#3 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:03 AM

Osbo25 said:

I grew up playing the second edition of Talisman.  I recently purchased the revised fourth edition, which my wife and I have been playing quite a bit.  She absolutely loves the game (as do I, of course), so today I purchased all six expansion packs.

But as I have been researching the revised fourth edition I've noticed that there are a number of characters that used to be in the game that are no longer.  For example, what happened to the Barbarian, Centaur, Halfling, Inquisitor, Leprechaun, Martial Artist, Philosopher, Pilgrim, Saracen (not P.C. anymore, I'm sure), Soldier, Spy, Witch Doctor, Woodsman, and Zulu?  Why didn't these characters make the cut into the various expansions?  Or have I just been overlooking them?

I looked at this collection of photos to find character information.

Many characters that you mentioned, must still be released in the future.

We still have no barbarian, halfling or Ranger yet.

FFG likes to give us new and old characters.

I made a list which characters we don't have yet for talisman 4th edition. Press here

#4 rugal

rugal

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:01 AM

Really want to se the Djinn

i love so rare miniatures creatures

#5 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:32 PM

rugal said:

Really want to se the Djinn

i love so rare miniatures creatures

We have a djinn special character from Mephisto and FFG

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS